TI 9 Buyers;Are we beta testers???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shootist, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootist

Shootist Registered Member

Ok I took the plunge and bought TI 9. I now feel like a beta tester. There seems to be a new build, first downloaded 2,245 and now there seems to be 2,247, but it is NOT available on the registered product updates page. In fact although my TI 9 is registered it does NOT even show on the update page.
    Also I did not get a serial number when I finished the purchase, I.E. there was NO serial number listed on the final page during the purchase like there was when I bought TI 8. Although I did get a serial number by going to the "Print Receipt" page and then I could NOT register the product and it took Two (2) emails to support to fix this. I still have NOT received any type of conformation email, 2 days after the purchase. Sounds like beta testing to me.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shootist,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Yes you are right, the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 is 2247, you can download it from our web-site (My account -> Registered Products -> Acronis True Image 9.0 -> Download installation file). Please clarify your problem with registration and also please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. If you have any problems with Acronis True Image please contact us and we will help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Kevy

Kevy Guest

I only bought TI v.9.0 build 245 yesterday and when looking for the 247 update in the My accounts section:

Available Updates for My Registered Products

There are no updates available.

Now I didn't pay for the extended download service and once that runs out, how can I re-download my installation file and updates if I have to rely on the "download installation file" link.

I think if programmers can come up with something like Acronis, I'm sure they can at least enable a "update program" link or at least a "check for updates" from within the program itself. Even Norton has it!

4. Kevy

Kevy Guest

I would also like to add that a I'm achieving a download speed of <9kb/s from us2.acronis.com at the moment downloading the installation file.

This is quite ridiculous from somebody with a 4Mbit download connection.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kevy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. You can download the latest build (2247) of Acronis True Image 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

We have a special wish-list thread and you are welcome to post here everything you wish to have in our software. We will certainly consider all your wishes

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.