TI 9 Boot CD hangs on startup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SKUO, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKUO

SKUO Registered Member

I have downloaded the latest version of True Image 9 (2337) to test before I buy it. My new PC is a Siemens Futjitsu with an ASUS P5SD1-FM2 Motherboard. The HD is a SATA Maxtor 7L300SO with 300GB. Operating System is WIN XP SP2.

Here is my issue: I have been able to create images of the HD perfectly. But I have been unable to get the Acronis Boot CD to boot in the "Full Version Mode". It does boot to the first welcome screen. If I choose then TI "Full Version" (with drivers for USB and SCSI..), it hangs at the following "Loading..." screen.
    The F11-Startup with "apci = off noapic" does not help. The system still hangs with the error Message (last view lines):

scsi0 = sata_sis
    scsi1 = sata_sis
    Vendor: ATA Model; MAxtor 7L300S0 Rev: Banc
    Type: Direct-Access
    Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
    SCSI device sda 586114704 512-byte hdwr sectors (30091 MB)
    Partion check:
    /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0: p1
    $ / bin/insmod ide-detect
    Using /lib/modules/ide-detect.o

-> and then the system hangs with a blinking cursor

The TI "Safe Version" mode is working. But this is of course not a solution, because I need also USB support (for external HD).

Please help because I love this product and would like to use all features.

Thanks a lot - with best greetings.

Stefan

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have same initial hang on a P5S800 motherboard. Safe mode works OK and I don't need USB so that's fine for me. My drives are all PATA.

Must be something in the SIS chipsets perhaps.

3. swan_x

swan_x Registered Member

same problem also for me!! :mad:

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do you have a SIS chipset in your machine or just the same problem?

Thanks

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SKUO,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet ide-detect=off and click on the OK button.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Acronis Support

Hello swan_x,

Could you please clarify what the exact problem with the software you have?

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.
    We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. SKUO

SKUO Registered Member

Hello Tatyana,

ide-detect=off works!

Thank you very much.

Stefan

8. Confused t18

Confused t18 Guest

I've tried all of the ide-detect=off and the removal of quiet.
    I get the same result.
    A flash of the blue Acronis screen than a black screen. No messages nothing...

Is there a list of all these F11 commands?

I have ti8 lastest build as of August 2005.

9. Acronis Support

Hello Confused t18,

Could you please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt and syinfo.txt files to your request along with the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (copy on invoice, scan copy of receipt, order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will certainly try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.