Ti 9.1 work on Vista RC1 ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trichard68, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trichard68

trichard68 Registered Member

Anyone know ?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you tried?

I've made images of the Vista partition using the Recovery CD, but I haven't tried to install TI.

3. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

Using the recovery cd: Yes.

I wouldn't risk doing any backups from within Vista even if it seems to work ok, until Acronis have stated it's working in Vista.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

But the whole point of installing Vista now is to experiment and get burned. :)

Definitely try to install TI 9 (after making a backup via the Recovery CD) and see if it works. Let us know the result!

If it's a disaster, you can restore the backup made by the Recovery CD. :)

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Installing it in Vista doesn't work from what I remember but the rescue CD may work.

Do a forum search for Vista there have been a number of posts.

6. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I have installed ATI in Vista RC1 and it works just fine. Installed it in compatibility mode running as an Administrator.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports Windows Vista. We will implement the support for this operating system as soon as it will be released officially.

Please also note that you will surely be able to backup\clone partition\disk where Windows Vista is installed using Acronis True Image either from within the supported Windows version or in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. using 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager also known as "F11 feature". You will be able to do this even if this disk\partition has some kind of unsupported or corrupted file system (see this previous thread for details). However, we cannot guarantee that the cloned\restored Windows Vista installation will remain bootable\function normally in this case.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.