TI 9.0 Home build 3677 Media builder not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cinfosb, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinfosb

cinfosb Registered Member

Hi,

Around a week ago, I upgraded to True Image Home 9.0 build 3677. I tried to use option "media builder" but without success. I tried almost everything. I used a non formated CD-RW, a freshly formated CD-RW but all the time it tells me that the unit is busy...

E00040010: Device is busy
    Tag = 0x8B7F8138EBD33EB3

Even if I click on retry, nothing goes except that the message keeps displaying. If I cancel, leave the program, enter again, try again to make media builder, same error message.

Curiously, this option was working without problem from start when using original version I bought from you. What got broken with upgrade? Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane Beauchemin

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Things to check.

Do you have Nero InCD or similar running in the background?
    Do you have any DVD software such as ISO buster or similar running in the background?
    Is XP CD recording software enabled?

There is something trying to control your CD drive at the same time as TI.

To check - type in the RUN box off of the START button msconfig click on the STARTUP tab and just look through here and see if there is anything (other than TI) that might want to access the CD drive.

If you find it then you can either untick it so that it doesn't start at windows boot - or delve further into Services.msc and set the program to manual - if it acts as a service.

Perhaps this has happened if you have MS updates download automatically and a new driver has caused the problem. Maybe you've installed another program that might affect this as well.

Colin

3. cinfosb

Hi,

First many thanks for follow-up. I really appreciate. I currently have Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195. I tried to start "msconfig" from "Startup/run" or "Démarrer/exécuter" but without success.

I currently have InCD version 4.3.20.1 installed and started from bootup. How can I disable it?

If I disable it how can I run it again? Actually when I insert a blank CD or DVD, it seems that InCD is started by itself. If I disable it, what will happen then? Sorry for so elementary questions but I'm not too familiar with these softwares...

Thanks again,

Stéphane

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Stephane,

It sounds as if InCD is either automatically opening its format window or formatting a blank disk when the disk is loaded. To prevent this, right click on the InCD icon that's in the Windows Taskbar, select "Options" and set the "On blank disk insertion" radio button to "Do nothing". If the InCD icon isn't visible in the Taskbar then open My Computer, right click on your CD/DVD recorder and select either "InCD Format" or "InCD Erase". In the Format or Erase window, select "Options" and then set the "On blank disk insertion" radio button to "Do nothing".

If, after doing the above, you still can't create a TI bootable rescue CD then restart your computer and boot into Windows "SAFE" mode (press F8 whilst the system is rebooting). Once in Windows Safe mode, run True Image and try creating the rescue disk again.

Regards

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The answer could be to leave the CD drawer open until the TI media builder asks for the CD. That may stop InCd grabbing it before TiI has a chance.
    An alternative would be to open the Task Manager and " end task" InCd there.

Xpilot.

6. cinfosb

Hi again,

This morning, monday, I tried again creating media. I double checked that the "On blank disk insertion" option was not set. I then tried to run media builder but this time leaving the door of my DVD drive opened like suggested. It seemed this time to do the job. I was glad to see that message "Operation completed successfully" again. Just to confirm that the process did its job, can you confirm that following content is OK?:

Spaced used: 33.9 Mo
    One directory on root: "Recovery Manager"
    Within "Recovery Manager" directory the following list:
    bootmenu 1836 Ko Application
    bootwiz.sys 22 Ko Fichier système
    f11.cfg 1 Ko Fichier cfg
    kernel 649 Ko Fichier DAT
    mouse 5 Ko Application MS-DOS
    ramdisk 13,402 Ko Fichier DAT
    splash.run 25 Ko Fichier RUN

Now, I didn't have chance (if I can say this way!) to go through a recovery process. Am I right thinking that whenever it happens, I just have to first get a freshly formatted hard disk and then start my machine with "media builder" disk in DVD drive. After booting from "media builder" disk, I presume that it will then show me a menu for me to recover backup or maybe start recovery process by itself? Am I right?

Finally, maybe a suggestion that would certainly help others like me is the following. When media builder process encounter an error, either because the media is invalid or in my case because it was not empty, I encountered each time a "Processing... please wait" window which overlaps the error window hiding its content. Even if I try to close or move that window in order to be able to see the error message window underlying, I just can't get rid of it which is a big problem. If there is a trick to get rid of that "Processing..." window, please let me know!

Thanks for support, really appreciated!

Stéphane

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Looks OK to me Stéphane -

Colin

8. cinfosb

Hi again,

Many thanks to all who replied to my message. Really appreciate. Now the only part to test is to recover from backup but let's wait until I get into trouble ;).

Stéphane

9. bitwonger

bitwonger Registered Member

I just got finished with the exact same problem & symptoms:

E00040010: Device is busy. (0x40010)
    Tag = 0x8B7F8138EBD33EB3

..and the fix was to disable Roxio Easymedia V8 "Drag to Disk" via R-Click on the DragToDisk icon in system tray & selecting "Exit."

Creating Acronis Workstation bootable media had been working just fine all along, and the only thing I have recently changed was to apply the last 3 or so batches of MS WinUpdates (over the last several weeks). Suspicious..

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Disabling Roxio's Drag-to-Disk is a well known fix for the problem of not being able to create the Acronis bootable rescue media. This <earlier post> (one of many) details the various known workarounds.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.