TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 - Imaging Direct to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Menorcaman, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannycheng

dannycheng Registered Member

I see. Thanks for your quick response anyway.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

I've just checked the status of the issue reported in the thread titled <TI 9 - Build 3633 - Can't span DVD disks >. Yes, it's still being investigated. In fact, our Testing Team reproduced the problem and now we are trying to find out what is causing it.

Please be aware that the issue with auto-validating backups saved to several DVDs is already known and will be fixed in the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. I'll let you know when the fixed build will be available. We are very sorry for the current inconvenience.

As for another issue you reported, please provide us with the following information:

- When Acronis True Image asks you to insert volume 1, try leaving the DVD burner's tray open, insert the first DVD, press 'Retry' (DVD burner's tray should close automatically in this case) and see if the problem persists. Let us know the result;

- Copy all files for both DVDs to one separate folder on your hard drive, try validating this particular backup archive once again and inform us about the result.

As soon as I'll receive this information I'll forward it to our Testing Team and they will proceed with the investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Alexey,

I had already tried that (and other workarounds). As I said in Post #48, the only only way out was to select Cancel.

Can't copy Volume 1. Stalled at 146 minutes remaing and finally bombed out with a CRC error (see screenshot below). Even though I had repeated the tests using different (well used) +RW disks, I will now purchase some new DVD+RW media and create an image to it before and after erasing with Nero Burning ROM. Will report back the results when done.

Best regards

EDIT: Please ignore the CRC error message - it was caused by faulty media. See Post #60 below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman,

Have you got your complimentary DVD burner's pack from Acronis yet? It consists of a Large Bottle of Hair restorer, a special tool for getting broken fingernails out of you keyboard, a bottle of Malt and for the difficult days premium grade Vallium family pack.

Xpilot

5. Menorcaman

Hi Xpilot,

No, but with all the time I've been spending at my computer just lately, I might end up asking them to pay towards my divorce costs!!

Regards

6. rvannostrand

rvannostrand Registered Member

I am a first-time user of TI v9.0 and was also thrown by TI referring to my DVD drives as CD-RW. I ignored this and continued to make a backup successfully on my DVD-R but this really confused me. This should be fixed ASAP. Other than that, I am very pleased with the product.

rvannostrand

7. Menorcaman

Creating a backup to DVD-R isn't a problem. The problem arises if the image spans two or more DVDs or when you boot from the Acronis Rescue CD and attempt to validate or restore the image. Read through this thread carefully, including the embeded link to the other thread about spanned DVDs and you will understand what I mean.

Regards

8. hiptech

hiptech Registered Member

You guys crack me up, didn't you read the EULA? This software is Beta.

For all our trouble we should receive our choice of any Acronis software suite... Free!

On second thought, maybe not o_O

9. computergeek2

computergeek2 Registered Member

For the past couple of days I have made a image in the windows environment using DVD+RW with Acronis build 3633. I was able to recover it using the Acronis recovery cd. I have made several images and recoveries with TI 3633. I used Sony DVD+RW media. The media had previously been used. I used Roxio 7 to do a quick format on it. I erased and used the media several times and did not have any trouble with it. I do not have nero on my computer. I did not disable anything on the Roxio 7 software. You can make a image using regular DVD+ media, but you can't recover it. It is only possible to use DVD+RW media to make a direct image at present. Acronis says they know what the problem is and will correct this in their next release in the next few weeks. They say that it is a mounting problem under the Linox recovery cd.

10. Menorcaman

Hello all,

Seems that some of the problems were caused by a couple of my well used (!!) DVD+RW disk becoming faulty towards the outer (i.e. max capacity) tracks, where the data transfer speed is at its highest. This accounts for why one of the errors always appeared on the first disk of a two-disk image, even though I had swapped the media around. The second disk was only being filled to half capacity, hence the data transfer speed never reached maximum and didn't generate the CRC errors.

Anyway, I've repeated the tests now, using both blank and then erased DVD+RW disk, and incorporated the latest results into Post #48.

Acronis Support (Alexey) - I trust you can now forward the info in Post #48 to your Testing and Development teams.

Regards

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

As far as I understood your post #48, you have encountered two problems while you were trying to save backups to DVD+RW discs:

- The issue with saving backups to Nero erased DVD+RW discs which has already been investigated and fixed.

- The issue with auto-validating backups saved to several DVDs which is in the process of the investigation at the moment and will be fixed as soon as possible.

So far we have nothing "new" to report to our Testing and Development Teams ;)

Anyways, I've forwarded the results of your testing to them as an additional information as it might be helpful.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. Menorcaman

Hello Alexey,

Thank you for your reply.

There is also the small matter of the warning shown in Screenshot 1 of Post #1 that occurs irrespective of whether the DVD is blank or pre-erased.

Best regards

13. MSprecher

MSprecher Registered Member

Hello Alexey and Menorcaman,

first of all many thanks to Menorcaman for his extensive Beta-Testing which as a result has reproduced some more severe bugs of the actual build 3633.

All my problems Imaging directly to DVD under Acronis TI 9 disappeared when I used Microsofts Windows XP-Standard IDE- and USB drivers instead of Intels Ultra ATA Drivers in combination with Intels Application Accelerator.

Unfortunately Accronis Support did not give me the clue allthough I had sent them the sysinfo.nfo and cdrecord.log files.
    They recommended to buy an other brand of DVDs ;-)

So it may be of help for some other desperate users to get the information that Acronis TI9 is not compatible with Intel Ultra ATA-drivers.
    (Intel 845 Chipset Family as used in ASUS P4PE-Motherboards)

Yours
    Matthias Sprecher
    Hannover
    Germany

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.