TI 9.0.2311 German - faulty installer?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Caranthir, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caranthir

Caranthir Registered Member

Something seems to be wrong with the TI9 2311 German update:

- installed it over my existing 2293, but Help - About still displayed Build 2293
    - ran update again, this time got an option to "Repair" (didn't get that in the first run) After clicking "Repair", Help - About in TI9 finally displayed correct 2311 build number
    - however, the TI drivers in Windows\System32\drivers (tifsfilt.sys, timntr.sys, snapman.sys) were not touched by the update anyway
    - currently I'm unable to download the 2311 update from www.acronis.de, the link to the update is there, but when clicking it, I get a "service unavailable" message
    - update still available via www.acronis.com

Questions:

- Is the update being withdrawn because of the obviously flawed upgrade process?
    - Why aren't the drivers updated, is this really correct?
    - Why is the German update released before the international release this time?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

2 off-topic replies removed - let's stick to the support issue/s raised by the thread starter please.

3. Nordlicht

Nordlicht Guest

Hi...

I've the same issue :

- installed it over my existing 2293 -> Build 2293 is displayes
    - an update again, this time got an option to "Repair" (didn't get that in the first run) After clicking "Repair", Help - About in TI9 finally displayed correct 2311 build number

Nordlicht

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Caranthir and Nordlicht,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at my posts #11 and #15 in this previous thread. This should explain the situation.

Caranthir, please try to avoid making duplicate posts in the future, since it is really hard to monitor them.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.