TI 8 works great......... TI 9 did not

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oly5, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oly5

oly5 Registered Member

Have used various builds of TI 8 since early 2005 through the current one. Except for several minor and resolved issues, it continues to work great. Upgraded to version 9 and experienced many of the problems posted on this forum. Finally received a refund, at build 2289, which still was not functioning to my satisfaction. Why is it that version 8 works and version 9 doesn't? I've read explanations concerning hardware, and other various software and being the culprit, but if this is the case why does one version work and the other one does not? Is it all of a sudden that this computer installation or hardware not meet the requirements for version 9 to perform well? I certainly have not seen anything to this when I reviewed the product and purchased it. Acronis what is the problem? After the amount of builds for version 9 surely you have an answer you wish to share?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The cause is not hardware but rather the changes made to TI to implement the so-called "new and improved" features. A feature gets modified and unfortunately something that is dependent upon how that feature operates is not adjusted and now there is a problem.

Ideally companies do a lot of testing before a revised or new product is released so these problems are fixed before the product is released. Software companies are under pressure to get the latest and greatest out to market quickly and unfortunately the testing can be inadequate. Silly as it sounds, Microsoft has been criticized for taking so much time to release XP and now its successor. They realized the product was not ready and pushed back the release dates since they didn't want to knowingly repeat some of the monumental screw-ups of the past which end up costing even more money.

You also have to have some sympathy for somebody writing software that will run on the variety of PCs, third party hardware and configurations that exist. It is impossible to test every conceivable configuration. This is one of the reasons that Macs have a good reputation since the hardware options are much more limited, particularly in the old days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.