TI 8 worked for me

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by riechert, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riechert

riechert Registered Member

With all the problems others have posted here I thought I would post that TI8, build 771 worked for me. This weekend a repair install of XP failed. I booted off the CD, pointed to the image on my USB 2.0 drive and off it went. Less than thirty minutes later XP was up and running.

The only hitch was that I did have to skip past a couple of sector 0 errors due to the flash drives. But I can live with that.

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Good to hear, riechert. The thing to remember with forums like this is 99% of the time, you're only going to hear from the people having trouble.

3. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

wdormann is correct that the problems appear in forums and the compliments and success rarely surface. However, remember that when on the Acronis site and you click on SUPPORT / FORUMS - this is where you land. The "Official Acronis Support Forum" thankfully moderated to maintain some civility but regretably not monitored by Acronis; at least not since early Friday morning. There is either a lack of staff or lack on conviction in dealing with legitamate functional issues. Either could spell the "Kiss 'o Death" to an otherwise good product.

I will take this forum over any alt.support.acronis.ravings.of.lunatics type newsgroup. I just wish Acronis was more forthcoming in their support, admission of problems, advise that patches/fixes were being tested, new builds were in the hands of beta testers to deal with specific issues etc.

Build 771 has dealt with my scheduling problems. So I have no problems with a single user/workstation making an image on a network share, booting to CD and restoring. But some of the folks with RAID5 problems are still out in the cold. I sure am not going to spend big bucks on the server version, even to test it, until I see some resolution to these problems.

If someone has a Raid Array, stripes, Active Directory, multiple drives, multiple virtual disks in the array and have pulled one drive out of the array, substituted it with a new one and have done a restore from image - I sure would like to hear that you are okay with Acronis.

Spelling and Grammar errors included at no extra cost because I'm wiped and can't be bothered to check. See ya all tomorrow.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Tsu

Is this what you mean and the bugs [in red] have been fixed now, the only bits I have not tested now are Networking [I have no network] Add New Disk [which I can do without Ti help] in this Post:- #21

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.