TI 8: Problems with storing Images to LAN

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danijel, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danijel

danijel Registered Member

Hi,

I want to setup TI 8 Build 859 to backup to LAN and got some Problems.

Most computers are integrated in the domain. There I have also no problems, just lookup in the network environment for the computer to store the *.tib and set it up.

But I have also some computers not integratet in the domain. Here I have problems to setup TI for backing up to LAN:
    When I enter the UNC for the Computer (based on a shared folder) the message after clicking "next" is:
    translation from german: "Files cannot be generated in the "Workspace". Choose another storage place". After that I have to abort my configuration...

If I map the network drive I'm able to store the *.tib on it. But the problem is that when I log off the current user, the network drive will be lost or I have to enter the right passwort for it again, and this is not possible to store the password e.g. in a batch file with "net use".
    Also if I do this with another network drive (e.g. administrative share on the drive where the network share to store the backups is) on the target computer, I'm able to enter the UNC for the shared folder where to save the image. After clicking "next" I will be requested to enter the user/password for the network drive. When I now disconnect the administrative share (what has nothing to do with my entered UNC!), TI has same Problems with the UNC entered in the confuiguration... and the same message appears.

Where could be the problem?
    How can I solve this Problem?

Thanx for support.

2. aa1

aa1 Guest

hallo danijel,

mit der ti9-2293-deutsch, der aktuellsten 9er-version, hab ich EXAKT dasselbe problem wie du mit der 8er-859ger.

der deutsche acronis-support hat bei mir zunächst penetrant angezweifelt, dass die share-/ntfs-rechte korrekt/ausreichend gesetzt seien, ("...und die vererbung!? wurde die auch aktiviert!!??..." und so weiter), als ich dann nach ewigem rumprobieren rausgefunden habe, dass es zumindest mit einem rein lokalen user funktioniert, den user also OHNE dieses übliche ms-netbios-präfix "DOMAIN\" zu definieren, meinte der deutsche acronis-support, acronis würde schon immer empfehlen, beim gebrauch der boot-cd und authentifizierung gegen bspw. ein ADS o. ä. dies eben NICHT zu tun, sondern NUR die lokale user-authent. zu betreiben (obwohl im aktuellsten userguide von ti9-2293ger eben nach wie vor DAS GEGENTEIL drin steht).

man sieht also, dieses netzwerk-auth.-problem war augenscheinlich in einer früheren 8er-version schon mal da, dann hat es acronis gelöst (bei mir nämlich auf alle fälle mit dem build 937 von ti8ger), und jetzt ist schon wieder GENAU dieser bereits bekannte bug ERNEUT in der ti9-boot-cd...

warum kann man die damalige lösung bei v. 8 nicht auf die jetzige 9er-fehler-problematik übertragen!!??

tschau

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello danijel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please download the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 (937) and see whether the problem persists.

Could you please create screen shots of your actions when you try to create the image file to the network computer and a screen shot of the error message? Then please send all the information to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.