TI 8 and raid0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bchivers, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bchivers

bchivers Registered Member

How do I clone a single drive from a raid 0. My C:\ is on a pair of raptors in raid 0,I would like to clone it to my spare drive which is a single drive?

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Ultra nForce4 bios v1.8
    Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego Core
    Mushkin PC3200 LII V2 1GB (2x512MB) XP3200
    2-36GB Raptors Raid0
    160GB Seagate SATA With NQC
    Powercolor R43CA-GD3D Radeon X800 GT Bravo Edition PCI-EX 256MB DDR3
    Z-Alien Case
    Ultra X-Connect 500W ATX PSU
    XP.Pro.W/SP.2

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bchivers,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I'm afraid that using Acronis True Image 8.0 you are not able to clone RAID 0 to a single hard drive.
    However, you can create the image of your RAID array and use your single hard disk as a storage device for your backup.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. lg777

lg777 Registered Member

"I'm afraid that using Acronis True Image 8.0 you are not able to clone RAID 0 to a single hard drive."

If I understand this correctly, an image from a RAID 0 with O/S cannot be restored on a single drive? But you can take an image of a single drive and restore onto a RAID0, right? Is this changed for TI9?

In TI9, you can select files/data for backup...so, can you backup files/data from a RAID0 and restore to single drive (IDE or SATA).

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bchivers and lg777,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Tatyana made a mistake in her post above.

Avtually, both Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis True Image 9.0 support all levels of RAID arrays and so allow you to clone, image and restore RAID 0 to a single drive and vice versa. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

As for backing up files and folders residing on RAID 0 array, please note that Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to create such file-based backups in the very same way as file-based backups of the files and folders residing on a single drive. Actually, Acronis True Image 9.0 recognizes RAID array as a single drive.

I would recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your particular hardware configuration.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.