TI 8.0 build 859 boot CD problem.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mareke, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mareke

mareke Registered Member

After installing build 859 and making a rescue CD I tried to restore an image made with build 859 and I found that TI freezes at the beginning of the restoration process. Taking out the boot CD and rebooting was my only option but this left me with a C drive that was now all unallocated blank space. The previous build (826) boot CD also caused the same problem on my computer.

Fortunately I kept earlier build boot CDs and I was able to use my trusty build 774 boot CD which has always worked on my computer, to do the restore. If I had just bought TI 8.0 build 859 I'd be complaining bitterly that the program doesn't work and I had wasted my money.

It seems strange that with the last two builds of Acronis I have not been able to do successful restores but build 774 has always worked on my computer without a hitch. Something about the last two build's boot CDs have introduced a problem that did not exist with the earlier boot CDs. The problem may not be widespread but I doubt that my computer is the only one that freezes this way when using boot CDs made with the last two builds of Acronis.

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

My 826 Boot CD works fine but the 859 build seems to have a problem reading the images so i guess its 859 thats to blame....

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mareke and PaulB2005,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create the sysinfo.txt file as described at Acronis Help Post using the CD created with build 859 and send to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of the problem you encounter (also please indicate in the letter which build worked for you). We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I've rolled back to build 826 and don't plan on reinstalling 859 at the minute.

Also the CD was a 826 Boot CD and not a 859 Boot CD as there are many reports of these not working either.

My point was that build 859 seems to have a problem reading the Images as all the file come out corrupt.

5. Acronis Support

Hello PaulB2005,

The problem in build 859 is in only when you mount an image. If you restore the image with this build everything will work fine and there should be no problems. However, the problem with Acronis Bootable CD should be investigated.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. bravenew

bravenew Registered Member

Well After sending the email with my sysinfo.txt to support of acronis they answer me to start with F11 and add the acpi=off noapic. But this command didn't help me. The system still freeze after make something like check, create or restore. Like Mareke I have the same problem. With the build 768 I don't have this broblem. After that I disable (for checking and this option) the apic from the bios and the samething apear when I give to TI to restore an image. :doubt:

I think something's wrong with the boot rescue. And Acronis must resolve this because it is critical. If someone want's to restore an image, simple He can't.

7. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I've sent Acronis support the sysinfo.txt file as requested after going through the steps described in the reply by Acronis Support to my initial post.

Hopefully Acronis will be able to work out why the build 859 boot CD is totally unusable on my computer. Build 859 boot CD freezes at some stage while going through the steps of an image restore every time I try to use it and is totally useless on my computer.

Any person new to Acronis that bought build 859 of TI 8.0 and encountered the problem would have a right to feel cheated if the problem occurred on their computer. Fortunately in my case I simply return to using build 774 boot CD which always works without a hitch on my computer.

Acronis need to determine what change has occurred between build 774 boot CD and 859 boot CD that would cause my computer to freeze while using build 859 boot CD. This is not a minor issue (unless it is peculiar to my computer only which is unlikely) as without the earlier 774 boot CD I would have had to spend many hours reinstalling everything after the build 859 boot CD wiped my C drive and then froze when I first tried to used build 859 boot CD to do a restore.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Hello mareke,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Acronis Support Team. If you don't get any response within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to the letter. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.