TI 7.0 Build 611 - Lack of "Robust" Behavior

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hgratt, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

I have a minor but annoying problem which I see on 3 different machines - a desktop and laptop with win xp pro and a laptop with win98se.

If I attempt do interrupt the "flow" of the Acronis wizard, say on a image copy, I will get an abnormal termination. Specifically, today I had to backspace on a filename in order to correct a typing error and the program crashed as soon as I hit the "NEXT" button. The same thing happens if I stop the normal flow in setting up the software (to create an image) in order to bring up Windows Explorer to create a folder. If I proceed directly (and without typing errors) thru the process, all is well.

Has anyone else seen this type of erratic behavior?

Thanks,
    Harvey

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Harvey --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Please ensure that you are using the latest build - it is available here -

http://www.acronis.com/files/trueimage7.0_s_en.exe

If it doesn't solve the problem, please write again and I'll investigate the problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all of my machines are using the latest software (Build 611) of Acronis TI 7.0. Two of the machines are win xp pro and the other is win98se.

The external HDD that I use to perform the imaging, etc. is a Seagate USB2, 160 G drive.

Anything you uncover would be appreciated, although from the lack of response to my post, it may be specific to me.

Thanks,
    Harvey

4. Acronis Support

Hello Harvey --

Please, can you create a log file (using the in-built feature of Acronis True Image) and either post it's contents here, or (which is better in case it will need some profound investigation) post the log file with a short description of the problem to support@acronis.com - and we will investigate the problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA

5. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

I will do so, but it may be a while as I will be out on travel.

Thanks,
    Harvey

6. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

Today I made an image of my IBM R40 laptop. I made a concious effort to see if I could reproduce the erratic behavior. It was quite reproducible. here is a synopsis of what happened:

1. Envoked the TI (build 611) create image function to image my HDD to an external USB2 drive.

2. After TI showed me the availabe locations on the external drive to place the backup, I hit the back button, brought up windows explorer in order to rename a file folder on the external drive.

3. Upon trying to continue, TI abnormally ended with the microsoft report generator asking me to send the report to microsoft. I complied.

4. Note that TI did not generate any log files, it never got to the point of doing anything.

5. When I traced down the links given by the microsoft error report, it indicated a problem with a hewlett packard driver. I have an HP7130 multifunction which is networked via its print server to a Belkin 54G wireless router. All 3 of my machines (Dell 8300 desktop win xp pro, IBM R40 laptop win xp pro, Dell I7500 laptop win98se) use this networked printer.

6 I recorded the following information from the extensive dump from the microsoft report (it would not allow me to save the file or screen shot it):

EXCEPTION INFORMATION
    code: 0xc00000005
    flags: 0x00000000
    record: 0x0000000000000000
    address: 0x000000000323ba0c

After recording all this, I rebooted after diabling the HP drivers, but the same problem reoccurred, including the naming of the HP driver as an issue.

I then shut down TI and restarted it. This time I did not hit the back button or try to change anything or make any typo errors. TI performed as expected and made a successful image.

I hope this information helps in resolving the problem,
    Harvey

7. Acronis Support

Hello Harvey --

Well, this problem needs some thorough investigation, so it's better to keep it through e-mails with our Support team. After we will find a solution, we can post it here.

Thank you.

--
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Support Department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... Compute With Confidence

8. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

O.K., can I assume you will be in contact with me as the investigation continues or do I need to post my previous email to Acronis support?

Thanks,
    Harvey
    hgratt@comcast.net

9. Acronis Support

Hello Harvey --

Just in case, better post it there as well.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.