TI 2289 IMAGES STILL CORRUPT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fastjeff, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastjeff

fastjeff Registered Member

I installed 2289 today. In Windows i created a new image successfully, although it took 2 hours. Then i checked it and TI said it was corrupt. I then checked the several archives i had before. They were all reported as corrupt, just like the earlier builds of TI 9.

With the rescue disc the images checked out as OK, and I was able to create an image of a 50gb drive (30gb free) in about 8 minutes.

What REALLY concerns me is my suspicion that somehow TI 9 screwed up the images in some way so that Windows is unstable. Ever since I installed TI 9 I've had minor nagging problems, that I did not have before. I can't find anything in the registry and i've replaced drives, cables, the motherboard and CPU, because i could not explain the problems and thought I had some defective hardware. Now I know it's not the hardware. I don't know for sure it's TI, but i'm just suspicious.

I've had good luck with TI in the past, but it's getting hard to accept this as a reliable safeguard.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'd be interested to know what nagging problems have suddenly appeared.

I've suddenly got some strange ignored mouse clicks when editing and whole programs closing, when I just want to shut down a child window.

To all those that are about to latch on to that as a Acronis problem, I'd just point out, I've also recently downloaded some patches from MS and they, and the TI9 installation coincide.

Colin

3. fastjeff

fastjeff Registered Member

I just reverted ( with a rescue disc) to a prior image of a clean install with only a few of my normal apps installed, and i then re-installed 2289, and still got the "corrupt archive" errors. Since TI 8 works, this tells me this IS an Acronis problem.

I have loved their software. In this case, for example, I was able to revert to a relatively clean OS when I had those transient problems without having to re-install. So i'm not going to run them down. And their support has been great, compared to other vendors. I'm just saying they have not solved the problems with TI 9 yet. I hope they do. I like some of the new features and hope i get an opportunity to use them.

As to the anomalies I experienced, I had mouse anamolies like you, only it was more "skipping" as it moved. I also had trouble with Beyond TV. it would take a long time to load and crash unexpectedly. this did not occur before. firefox was slow to load. Windows explorer crashed. Those are some examples i can remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.