TI 2009 Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Trooper, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hi folks,

Just a real quick question here. If I created a backup using version 11, can I use the new version to restore the data? I'm trying to do so but its not working out to well. I'm stuck on the area for specifying the new partition. I clicked on "accept" but it does not seem to be accepting the change.

I'm using the trial version by the way. Thanks

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Yes you can.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks will give it another shot.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI12/2009 will restore ATi10 and ATI11 backups, at least the ones I tried.

5. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Well can I come at this from a slightly different angle then and enquire if ATI 10 will restore an image created using ATI 11? I'm sure that I tried to do this the other week when I reinstalled TI 10 but still had a backup created with TI 11 and I got some sort of error message? Can't remember fully what happened now but I think I just ended up deleting the image.

6. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

You should assume in all cases forwards compatibility but not backwards. So you should assume that an image created with ATI 11 cannot be restored by ATI 10 or any earlier version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.