TI 11 Won't work on Samsung laptop?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Apeks3, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apeks3

Apeks3 Registered Member

Hi everyone! I have just bought a new Samsung P500 latop running XP pro SP2 with an Intel dual core 1.73 Ghz CPU and 768MB of RAM.
    When I boot up using my TI disk I get the "Starting Acronis Loader ..." prompt followed by the usual 3 options, Acronis TI Home (Full version), Acronis DriveCleanser and Windows.
    If I click on the TI option the disk whirrs for a while, I get the Acronis True Image Home Splashscreen then the screen goes black and just sits there until the disc stops whirring, so I can't make a backup of my C: drive.
    I know the bootup disc is fine as it works perfectly with my other laptop (A Stone laptop model MR0-52).
    Anybody have any ideas? :(

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Apeks3, welcome to the Forum :D

One possible reason for this type of behaviour is a missing driver.

The ATI boot CD uses a cut-down version of Linux as the OS. The boot disk works fine on your older laptop because there are Linux drivers for all the essential hardware components. Because your Samsung is new it is most likely that there is not a Linux driver available as yet for some hardware component that the boot CD needs to function correctly.

The best solution is to raise a support call with Acronis Support. Provide them with complete system details of your Samsung.

Remember that Acronis do not create hardware drivers. It is up to the manufacturer of the component to create a driver, or as is often the case with Linux, the Linux community.

T.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

A "safe" version (in addition to the "full" version) can be downloaded from your registration page login. Perhaps using this "safe" version may be of assistance. This option can be added to a new Rescue CD.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It sounds like you will need to build a BartPE or VistaPE boot disk with the TI plug-in.

You should be sure you have the latest version and build of True Image and have made the Rescue CD from that build.

A new build of TI 11 was released on 7/3/08, so you should download and install that build, make a new Rescue CD and try again.

If you are using TI 10, you may need to upgrade to TI 11, but you can try the Trial version of TI 11 first, create the Rescue CD and see if it works.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Apeks3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Apeks3

Apeks3 Registered Member

Hi Everyone.
    Sorry for delay in replying, I have been abroad for a fortnight! I will give all suggestions a try.
    Again many thanks!
    Andy(Apeks3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.