TI 11 Task Failed To Start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andya, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andya

andya Registered Member

Please look at the following screenshot:

http://files.britishideas.com/public/Acronis/acronisschedulingproblem.gif

As you can see there is a task set for 1AM every Friday. You can also see that the last run time was 1:00:03AM on Friday April 11th.

Now look at the date and time when I took this screenshot. It is Friday April 18th at 8:51:19AM.

Why didn't the task run? No errors are being reported by TI 11 (latest build).

Yesterday I installed the latest Acronis Drivers and installed without debugging enabled. I then rebooted the PC. Could that be related? I install them because I am finding that TI 11 likes to crash during backups and/or tell me a backup failed without giving any details.

Any ideas?

Andy

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. andya

andya Registered Member

I don't get it.... TI fails to create a backup so I have to download the latest drivers. Then TI fails to run a task and now I have to download an updated scheduler.

Why not just create a new build of TI 11 with these parts added and save everyone the time and hassle of running into problems, searching the forum, downloading updates, recreating tasks, etc?

Andy

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I understand your frustration. Acronis has been very lacking with appropriate updates to TI-11 as many folks in this forum have noted.

Regarding the Task Scheduler issue I found that by downloading the updated version of the Acronis Scheduler, unzipping the file [Scheduler_update.zip], and running the batch file [install.bat] solved the problem. When the black DOS screen disappears re-boot the PC. Create a new scheduled task. This is a very easy procedure to do.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.