TI 11 - runtime error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fesansom, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fesansom

fesansom Registered Member

I can't find anyone with exactly my error or fix.

I keep getting a runtime error trying to backup (scheduled task) of my E drive (where my OS is and application data). I have tried using various external drives as the backup location (both USB and Firewire), but the error still occurs either roughly 26% or 47% the way through.

My OS is XP Home, SP2.

Saying the usual thing:

Runtime Error!
    Program E:\Program Files\...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Sometimes after the runtime error window closes another opens and says "The exception unknown software exception (0X40000015) occurred in the application at location 0X01757c6b." This usually happens with the Firewire drive. Other times I get the choice to see more info and it goes to the mircrosoft error page on the net and says it's conflicted with McAfee SpamKiller (I then disabled all McAfee software - but still came up with a runtime error).

I upgraded to TI 11 from 10. I haven't used 10 for a while, but had no problems before. I uninstalled TI11 completely then reinstalled. However this did nothing to solve the problem. Any ideas?
    o_O

The log for the task itself says nothing about the error... it just stops the operation.:blink:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'd try the uninstall/re-install one more time, making sure that there are no left over install files in C:\Documents and Settings\your_log_name\Local Settings\Temp.

If this still fails, then the next thing is to start up MSINFO (from the run button) untick all background processes that are listed in the startup menu - disconnect from the internet physically if you are on broadband - so include the firewall. Reboot - see if TI runs properly, if it does, then add the background process back in one at a time - I'd start with the Firewall, then the AV and then your Spam software. Keep doing this until it fails - then at least we'll know what program is probably causing the problem and work from there.

It is also possible that the video driver is causing the problem, but that is a harder one to track down, also there might be a firewire problem, have you tried this using a USB drive and see if that works?

Colin

3. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey Colin,

Great info but did you mean MSCONFIG instead of MSINFO? Also I have had files left over in the "...\Program Files\Acronis" directory after an uninstall that were causing issues with a newer version/build.

Corey

4. fesansom

fesansom Registered Member

Thanks Colin

I uninstalled again, cleaned all temp files, did a registry clean, found some folders in "Documents and Settings/All Users" that were marked True Image and True Image Home which still had some files in... so deleted them.

Re-installed and it seems to be working now... thanks! Must have been some left over files from v.10 or something.:D

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ooops yes I did mean msconfig.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.