TI 11 Home Will Not Install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yaretiree, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaretiree

yaretiree Registered Member

I have XP SP3. Seagate DiskWizard is installed (I don't know it that contributes to the problem).

When I install TI 11 Home from a user account with administrator privileges, from CD, the installation hangs and never completes. It appears that everything is almost done and is trying to finish when the hang occurs. I canceled the install at this point.

I went back to the restore point before the install and then copied the CD to hard disk. I booted into Safe Mode, signed on as Administrator, and tried to install from the hard disk copy.

I got the error message "E00640003: The error was encountered while the installation. Acronis installation program encountered the error #1625. This installation is forbidden by system policy. Tag=0xBD28FD8D64EDB8AF"

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I've googled and found several instances of the problem, but no definitive way to fix it.

TIA

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Seagate DiscWizard is a version of True Image 10.

Uninstall TI 11, then uninstall DiscWizard. At that point, reboot and then try the installation of TI 11.

3. yaretiree

John,
    Thanks!!! It installed and I think you may have hit on the reason.

The reason I say I think is that the TI 11 install instructions say "If you have Acronis True Image installed, the new version will simply update it". I thought that this would include DiskWizard.

The other reason your solution might not be the answer is that I let the installation continue for, perhaps, a longer time. It sat for at least 15 minutes with no cpu or disk activity and then it started up again. Maybe, that was the issue all along? It took FOREVER to install. Is that normal?

If in fact that the Seagate DiskWizard installation was the problem, this is something that Acronis needs to address.

Thanks again!

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you bought an upgrade, then it will need the serial number of the ATI11 plus the serial number of the prior version of ATI to complete the install. However, since the seagate version does not have a serial number, yo need to have the seagate version installed when you install the ATI11 upgrade.

Since this isn't working for you, I belive Tech Support has a version that will allow you to install the upgrade with the seagate version present.

5. yaretiree

I didn't buy an upgrade. I bought a complete ATI11 from a retail store which is what I was installing.

However, things got stranger when I tried to update (not upgrade) my ATI11. I registered my copy and then downloaded the latest update, Build #8053.

Its install "hung" for over 30 minutes. During this time there were two instances of msiexec.exe and one instance of TrueImageInstallMenu_standard.exe running. All with zero cpu and I/O activity.

There were three processes that were doing I/O: WZCSLDR2.exe - wireless network process; lsass.exe - Windows security process; and csrss.exe - Windows client/server runtime process.

I started Firefox to report what was going on and "magically" the update finished. I then rebooted, brought up ATI11 and it was the new version.

Any ideas on what went on with the update?

IGNORE THE ITALICS FOR NOW I then quit ATI11 and a "Processing, please wait..." window came up with the message "Shutting Down Acronis True Image Home...". That window has now been up for ten minutes and ATI11 has yet to terminate. News flash, It just now quit!

I brought up ATI11 again and noticed that it is "Analyzing" partitions and this is why it took so long to quit. Will this always occur?

Thanks.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, try it a few times and see if it runs faster after the first time. Normally, it only takes 5-10 seconds to see all the drives, and this is when you are starting to do a backup or recovery. Shut down usually is fast.

Of course, nothing has been quite normal for this installation yet. :)

7. yaretiree

<This thread> provided a solution/workaround for the delay problem.

No idea if it would have solved the installation problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.