TI 11 Home - Runtime Error!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scottk, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottk

Scottk Registered Member

I just bought TI 11 Home, and am trying my first backup.

Version:
    Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 11.0 (build*8,101)

I am trying to archive up about 280G's worth of data, where I am selecting the directory to backup.

I get about 11% into said archive, and then TI 11 Home pops up this Message:

Runtime Error!
    Program: ...mon Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

<OK>

I get this MessageBox twice.

When I click <OK>, it goes back to the main menu.
    Looking at the file it actually did create, it created an image of 29G's.
    (ie, yup, about 11% in)

I have tried this 3 different times, and I always get the same result!
    About 10-11% into the archive, it bails with that weird error!

There is nothing special about my system, nor my files that I am backing up.
    I am Windows XP Pro, SP2, 3G's of RAM.

Any thoughts?

2. Scottk

Scottk Registered Member

Also, because it appears from doing a search, others have seen this problem as well...

1) I am doing a "My Data", where I select 1 "toplevel" directory on my C: drive, which contains many (perhaps 200-300) subdirectories, and none of them are more than 3-4 levels deep.
    2) The size of this toplevel directory is about 280G's total, and contains about 47000 files.
    3) I have tried with "Compression" on and also off. No real difference. With compression off, it seems to fail earlier.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think your problem will be that your directory structure is too deep.

If you can temporarily make it less than 255 sub directories, it might succeed.

Oh, I've just reread your post, all the subdirectories are off the root directory?

Do you have lots of images or mp3 files or even pdf's lurking, it might be one of these files is mildly corrupted and is causing TI to have a tantrum. Have you tried running Scandisk to check the file integrity?

What happens if you try making an image file instead of a data only, this may work, and you'd still be able to mount or explore your image file to get to your files.

As you note, the data only option has caused some people problems in the past.

Colin

4. Scottk

Scottk Registered Member

Yes, I have verified that all the files inside the directory/subdirectories are all valid and okay.

Scandisk reports no errors.

I have not tried a full image backup, but I really don't want to do that... I am interested in backing up ONLY 1 toplevel directory, all other files on the system aren't important.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you run CHKDSK C: /R on this drive? Sometimes a drive error can cause TI to error out.

What operating system are you using (Vista, XP, W9:cool:, and how is the drive formatted? (FAT32 or NTFS)

It sounds like these are possibly music or photo files. These are already compressed, so compression won't make the backup any smaller. It might even make it larger. Therefore, just copying the files may be as efficient as using TI.

If you want to do the equivalent of incremental backups where only changed or new files are backed up, there are lots of syncronization programs that can do that. My favorite is SecondCopy although it isn't free.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scottk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the following way:
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

Please also collect Process Monitor log the following way:
    1) Download the Process Monitor tool from here.
    2) Run it and agree with the license agreement.
    3) Open "Filter" menu and select "Filter" item .
    4) Add the following filters: - Process name is *.* then Exclude - Company contains Acronis then Include click OK to apply the created filter to output.
    5) Reproduce the problem .
    6) Open File->Save, save log file (Logfile.PML) and compress it.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.