TI 11 > 12 compatibility

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Earthling, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

v11 works very reliably for me, though I do have a problem with not being able to set up backup locations in Vista which I have requested help with, so far without response. But I have used it enough to have complete faith in its ability to restore my system.

Rather than purchase additional v11 licenses for other machines I might get v12, but can v12 restore v11 images? And vice versa?

I'm not too fussed about the loss of automatically managed backups as it isn't working for me very well in v11.

EDIT - I see v11 isn't actually being offered any more, though I bet I could find it somewhere ;)

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  3. Earthling

GroverH:

You haven't confirmed that v12 can restore v11 images. Was this an oversight or deliberate? I have a few v11 images I definitely need to keep, so v12 is a nono if it's incompatible. It would be nice if the reverse is also true, but that's not critical, not to me anyway.

What I meant about not offering v11 any longer is that the website no longer tells you, as far as I can see anyway, what additional v11 licenses cost.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Even if 2009 will not restore V11 images you can still use the V11 recovery CD.
    However in the past Acronis have always supported at least one level of backward compatibility.

Xpilot

5. Earthling

Good point. Be a good idea to store an iso of it somewhere safe too, for the day it won't boot.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI12/2009 is supposed to restore ATI11 tibs. And it worked when I tried it. So if it's not working for you, contact Tech Support.

7. como

como Registered Member

It's always a good idea to keep at least 1 rescue CD from the previous version, possible the last 2. If you use RW Cd's you can always reuse them later.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

As a general rule, I don't throw out old boot CDs, DVDs with images on them (most images are on HDs), etc. I have a 100 disk cakebox and just stack throw them in. I don't recall ever needing to go to it but they are there just in case and the amount of space taken is small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.