TI 10 does not install on XP SP 2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by VolkerStoeber, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolkerStoeber

VolkerStoeber Registered Member

Hi Acronis support,

you do not mind that I'd like to remind of this pending problem, now for just a fortnight ?

Any solution at skyline?

Vos

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello VolkerStoeber,

Please be aware that I have contacted the responsible person and you will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. randman

randman Registered Member

I was also getting the message:

"The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

I tried all sorts of things - reboot, making sure antivirus and antispyware software weren't enabled, I cleaned up the temp directories used by Windows, I ran disk cleanup, etc. None of that helped.

When I was getting this message, I was logged into my PC using an account that had Administrator privileges. However, the account was a Domain account, and at the time, I was not actually connected to the Domain.
    So, I logged into my PC using a local (non-domain) account. Then, when I ran the installer, it completed successfully on the first try.

Anyway, I don't know if this problem is related to the fact that I was logged in earlier with a domain account (and I wasn't in the domain), or it merely helped that I logged in as another user (that also had Adminstrator privileges).

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

5. randman

randman Registered Member

When I ran into the problem I mentioned a couple of posts earlier, it was the very first time that I attempted to install any version of Acronis in my PC. Thus, there should not have been any past Acronis-related issues to have to cleanup. Anyway, once I logged in using another account (a local Administrator account), installation worked fine for me.

6. VolkerStoeber

VolkerStoeber Registered Member

<SNIP>

~ Please note that private e-mails are not to be posted without permission of the originator. However, you may paraphrase the content of an email as deemed necessary. - Menorcaman ~

Hello Vladimir,

I received your mail & understand that a solution of this problem might require several months or years(?) - that means it's time to look for a proper working backup prog. Thanks.
    Vos

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  7. davmail

davmail Registered Member

They have no 'fix' for it!!!Mine would not install,installation interupted etc,tried EVERYTHING would not work,useless.Seems they are 'stumped' on this one.:thumbd:

8. theog

theog Registered Member

Anyone know if they got this fixed?

Seems I'm having the same issues... tried the registery cleaner... no luck.

Thanks....

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

10. superhoops

superhoops Registered Member

Have to say that in over fifteen years of having a pc I have never known any software that caused so many problems to so many people and yet the company don't issue a fix for it. I have tried installing TI10 on both my desktop and laptop and get the "installation interrupted" error message on both machines. If you google this problem there are literally hundreds and hundreds of people who cant install this software. (And those are just the ones who bother writing about it).
    I find this whole thing incredible. I have sent a report about this matter to the UK magazine ComputerActive in the hope that they will highlight the inadequacies of this product.

11. theog

theog Registered Member

Version 9 seems to install on my computer... chat (sales?) offered that to me (in chat on Sat... if v10 full version did not work [demo would not install]... but after purchase, support has not addressed the issue), but then I won't be able to install on vista in three months or so...

Support is a lot slower than in 2006. Think I'm going to have to rethink recommending this product. I just recommended it tonight, again... guess I'll look to see if roxio finally got their stuff together... but they don't have a demo. Don't know what I'm to do at this point... guess I'll sleep on it again and hope support will have an answer later today (tues).

Never figured I'd go through this much pain... been working on this since sat... wonderful sales chat, but support does not hardly exist. Get the sale, but skimp on support... or maybe support has a back-log.... Hope they get the product and support fixed.

Don't really know what I'm going to do at this point

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.