TI 10.0: E000101F4 - no hard disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by three80, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three80

three80 Registered Member

Okay so I'm getting the error that I see others have gotten. I'm running Windows XP SP2 Tablet PC Edition on a one month old HP Tablet PC.

I just bought the software today, so I have build 4,942.

About a month ago I downloaded TI (don't know which build) and ran it fine for the 15 days trial. Today when I bought the license the trial version would not give me any way to just add the license to the existing installation (which is stupid) so I tried to uninstall via Add / Remove Programs. It started uninstalling then at some point the progress indicator started running backwards, then it finished with an error "during install". Note the error says during "install" not uninstall. I know sometimes installs are referred to as installs, but still...

Anyway, I ran the installation file that I downloaded today (build 4942) and it said it installed fine. But when I run it I get this:

"E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any disk drives"

So I searched this forum and found a post about the SnapAPI. On trying to install it, amazingly at one point the progress bar starts running backwards and it finishes by saying:

"The installation was interrupted before Acronis Drivers could be installed. You need to restart the installers to try again."

Couple of things here:

1. I'm a computer programmer and I've never seen progress bars run backwards. And twice even. What's going on?

2. To the Acronis folks: I want one thing from you: a phone number where I can talk to a tech support rep. I looked on your site and found none. Imagine that. Don't give me lengthy "do this, then that, then some more". I've given you my money and have nothing to show for it. I'm not jumping through hoops to get your product working. Either I get live tech support or I call my credit card company to cancel the payment.

Prior to finding this forum I did send a support request via the website, but to see this message board, and some of the lengths the Acronis people expect customers to go to just to kind of get their product working is unacceptable.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you feel strongly about this, it's time to call the credit card company. You won't get live phone support. Tech support is from Russia and email or this forum is the only connection. It's slow, but you may get satisfaction which is better than you get from Symantec.

Have you completely uninstalled the product, rebooted and reinstalled the downloaded full program?

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

There have been niggles with the "interrupted" installation since (I believe) v9 was released. One of the most common cures for this is to clean up your temp directories, i.e.

C:\documents and settings\{username}...\temp
    Also check for C:\temp and C:\tmp.

Also, ensure you are an admin when installing (I guess you probably are anyway) and try installing for 'all users' if you previously tried just installing for one.

I sympathise with your feelings about wanted what's fair, but I think, as jmk94903 suggests, if you do have very strong views then do go and recover your payment. However, you are clearly a techie, and this is not a new problem, it is one which you can resolve with the help of this forum.

F.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello three80,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Note that you are able to use Acronis Per-incident Support which allows you to contact Acronis Priority Support for one incident via telephone and have the issue handled by Acronis Customer Service engineer. If you would like to order Acronis Per-incident Support, please visit the Acronis Customer Service page. If you have any pre-sales questions, please contact us.

In order to solve the issue please do the following:

- completely uninstall Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Please have a look at this post to find the instructions for manual uninstallation of Acronis True Image;

- reinstall Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

5. three80

three80 Registered Member

So, let me get this straight. I just paid you for your product, which I (and others) cannot get to work correctly. In order to get timely support via a phone call, I have to pay you even more money??!!

Well, I used to tell folks to buy TI because it was so great. Now I'm going to tell everyone that Acronis is a no-good company with a no-good product.

Seriously, I have to pay you even more money just to get live help with the product I just paid you for?!

I'm stunned. What a sorry bunch Acronis is.

Monday I'll call the credit card company.

You suck in the worst possible way. You're actually worse than Microsoft. Good God.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of your credit card company on Monday.

7. foghorne

Very, funny :D

F.

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes, tell us how you really feel.:rolleyes:

9. SueMcK

SueMcK Registered Member

Hello,

I'm going to join this discussion now with the very same problem. In fact, in trying to fix this in May, Gateway (in an online chat) led me to a mess where I had to reformat my computer. Now I'm back to try and get this program to work (TI 10.0 Home - latest build). I'm getting this same error. What is the easiest workaround that I could do to image my drive to a Western Digital My Book external drive? Can I run the program off the CD I made - is that a solution? Thanks.

10. foghorne

I would start by running through post #4 below and make sure you have exhausted that.

You should be able to run from the CD - but you need to make sure that the version of the software burnt on there is the latest version. And you need to try it, at least to the verification level.

Failing that you can always go the BartPE route.

I would try and resolve the main problem if you can though rather than trying to work around it.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.