Thunderbird integration

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stride000, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stride000

stride000 Registered Member

Hi,

I recently installed Thunderbird and noticed that there is no Eset button integrated like in Outlook. Plus, when I check the email protection section from ESS the number of scanned messages remains 0 even if i received emails since the install.

I made sure I checked Thunderbird in ESS's configuration to notify it as an email client and I authorized scanning from anti-viruses in Thunderbird's options.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you receive email via POP3 on port 110?

3. stride000

I've not set a pop3 account yet, just a gmail one.

I guess that's where my problem is.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Exactly. Only POP3/HTTP traffic is scanned. When a plugin for Thunderbird becomes available, even email received via pop3s will be scanned. Until then, the realtime protection will check the files you open or save to the disk.

5. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I have a gmail address as well as my current email address. I use Thunderbird and have the gmail redirected to Thunderbird. My Gmail uses port 995 and I have included this port for checking my Eset in POP3 accounts. Seems to work fine.

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I use thunderbird as well with ESS installed and it catches any of the threats coming into the inbox and flags them just as it would with OE or Outlook.

It all comes in via POP3 too.

7. stride000

Everything's fine with the pop3 account.

I tried adding the 995 port in the setup but it still doesn't catch emails coming from the pop.gmail account.

8. bluesprite

bluesprite Registered Member

I believe port 995 accepts encrypted mail connections which makes it impossible for antivirus to scan the content upon receiving...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.