Thunderbird emails get moved

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by redep, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi all.

I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and Gmail through IMAP.

When I have the Email client detection enabled all my new mail in the inbox gets archived in Gmail. If I turn of the email protection they stay in the inbox.

2. jemen

jemen Registered Member

Hi,

I created and set new testing gmail account. I set up IMAP access.
    I tried to reproduce you problem, but without success.
    Please can you publish or send to betasupport[at]eset.sk your account settings in Thunderbird and your account settings on GMAIL?

Have you installed some extensions? Which one?

PJ

3. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi.
    I have mailed the requested information to the named address.

Peder

4. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

I also have the same issue. But, there is no way to effectively disable NOD32's email protection, as it is always back on after rebooting.

I don't understand:

1st - Why the need of an e-mail scanner. If there is a threat and if NOD32 is able to detect it, then it will as soon as you execute the malware.

2nd - Why can't we turn it off for good or just be able to choose what to install during installation setup.

I really hope that Eset, either takes e-mail scanner off, and not just because of this issue, but rather because it is useless, or that they decide to let users choose if they want to use the e-mail scanner.

Question:

If for a chance I disable any protection from within the e-mail scanner, even if the e-mail scanner is still on, will NOD32 still do that to any new messages?

All messages I have since I installed Eset beta are not in my Thunderbird inbox. They're all in gmail. They do come to my inbox when I check, but then, they disappear.

5. jemen

jemen Registered Member

You can selectively turn off an integration with specific email client (see Advanced Setup > Miscellaneous > Email Client Integration.

Of course you can disable email protection in Advanced Setup > Antivirus and antispyware > Email clients protections.

If your emails are scanned after you turn off this option, you are using POP3 and you have turned on option Advanced Setup > Antivirus and antispyware > Email clients protections > POP3, POP3s > Enable email checking.

6. jemen

jemen Registered Member

Hi redep

I finally reproduced the problem.
    Have you turned on option *Make the messages in my Inbox available when I am working offline* (Account Settings > Offline & Disk Space)?

7. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi jemen.

Yes I have that turned on.

/Peder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.