Thunderbird emails get moved

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by redep, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi all.

I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and Gmail through IMAP.

When I have the Email client detection enabled all my new mail in the inbox gets archived in Gmail. If I turn of the email protection they stay in the inbox.

2. jemen

jemen Registered Member

Hi,

I created and set new testing gmail account. I set up IMAP access.
    I tried to reproduce you problem, but without success.
    Please can you publish or send to betasupport[at]eset.sk your account settings in Thunderbird and your account settings on GMAIL?

Have you installed some extensions? Which one?

PJ

3. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi.
    I have mailed the requested information to the named address.

Peder

4. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

I also have the same issue. But, there is no way to effectively disable NOD32's email protection, as it is always back on after rebooting.

I don't understand:

1st - Why the need of an e-mail scanner. If there is a threat and if NOD32 is able to detect it, then it will as soon as you execute the malware.

2nd - Why can't we turn it off for good or just be able to choose what to install during installation setup.

I really hope that Eset, either takes e-mail scanner off, and not just because of this issue, but rather because it is useless, or that they decide to let users choose if they want to use the e-mail scanner.

Question:

If for a chance I disable any protection from within the e-mail scanner, even if the e-mail scanner is still on, will NOD32 still do that to any new messages?

All messages I have since I installed Eset beta are not in my Thunderbird inbox. They're all in gmail. They do come to my inbox when I check, but then, they disappear.

5. jemen

jemen Registered Member

You can selectively turn off an integration with specific email client (see Advanced Setup > Miscellaneous > Email Client Integration.

Of course you can disable email protection in Advanced Setup > Antivirus and antispyware > Email clients protections.

If your emails are scanned after you turn off this option, you are using POP3 and you have turned on option Advanced Setup > Antivirus and antispyware > Email clients protections > POP3, POP3s > Enable email checking.

6. jemen

jemen Registered Member

Hi redep

I finally reproduced the problem.
    Have you turned on option *Make the messages in my Inbox available when I am working offline* (Account Settings > Offline & Disk Space)?

7. redep

redep Registered Member

Hi jemen.

Yes I have that turned on.

/Peder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.