Thunderbird and eset smart security [antispam engine]

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Faraways, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faraways

Faraways Registered Member

Using Eset smart security for few years now and worked flawlessly. :)

Lately I (sometimes/3 times last week) got 'error starting antispam engine [19]' while starting my emailclient. It happened suddenly though everything has latest updates. Module antispam works fine with thunderbird (nothing seems to crash or mess up email/spam sorting),I just see the message appear once in a while as notification and in eset's event log ..

In combination with Fritzbox router I use ESET smart security 4.2.67.10,windows XP registered (SP3) fully updated, malwarebytes anti-malware v1.50.1.1100 registered fully updated and thunderbird 3.1.7.

Have checked windows eventlog but nothing showing up there. In ESET eventlog the only thing there is: '18-1-2011 22:37:24 Antispam protection Error starting antispam engine. [19] '

-----------------------------------------------------

Dont have more info. Everything is scanned and is clean,no errors or other problems nor recently installed things.

It is not a big issue but I thought I better put it here so you know about it..
    ;)

/regards

Attached Files:

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

3. Faraways

I was using 5798 yes,today its 5801 database. As soon as I have free time I will uninstall eset and reinstall and see if things get fixed. If not I will get in touch with customer care. Thank you for your kind help :)

/regards

4. Faraways

Just wanted to give an update about my small problem with the antispam engine.

After I have uninstalled my ESET product,reset and did a reinstall of the product i have tested for a few weeks and the problem I had seems to have vanished. :)

best regards
    Fara

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi Fara,

Thanks for your feedback, glad all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.