Thunderbird 52.3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Since this update twice had to uninstall/re-install T-bird, could send email, but not receive email. Verified by test message(s) sent, viewed online test message(s), but email never arrived at T-birds inbox.

New install T-bird, works fine 2-3 days, then can't get mail to inbox, but send is fine. I probably have two days left before it happens again.

When it happens again (no email to imbox), I'll re-install ver 52.0

Also so crash reports generated on both fails.

Any Ideas or thoughts?

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

After re-install & just typing email address & Pass this shows up (see pic) choosing 'Get Certificate' nothing new & ok/accept grayed out:
    upload_2017-8-26_22-19-28.png

3. guest

guest Guest

Port 110 is "outdated". They have changed the settings:

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

yyyyyyyyyyyy.png Well! Not sure my email: @verizon.net was sold to & managed by AOL.
    clicking "Get Certificate" does not do anything or grayed buttons.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. guest

guest Guest

Ah! It seems you have installed Kaspersky. You must import the certificate of Kaspersky:

6. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Mood where can I get the cert? Got it imported Checked all boxes.

Thank You

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  7. itman

itman Registered Member

I have posted a screenshot below on how things need to be set up in T-Bird. I use Eset but the concept is the same; the Kaspersky SSL protocol scanning cert. must be imported into the T-Bird "Authorities" cert. store.

You export the Kaspersky SSL protocol scanning cert from the Windows root CA store to a file using instructions here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/certmgr-msc-certificate-manager-windows . Also all T-Bird needs as far as trust settings go is "This certificate can identify websites."

TBird_Cert.png

8. Rico

Rico Registered Member

So this way is wrong?

Imported into thunderbird, the certificate from c:\program data\ksapersky lab\AVP18.0.0\Data\cert\ (fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus... I then checked all tree boxes

9. itman

itman Registered Member

I believe so. The only way I know of to properly export a Windows root CA certificate is using certmgr.msc.

If you don't want to do it this way, check in the Kaspersky support forums. Kaspersky internally might have a way to import the cert. into T-Bird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.