Three PC license question!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ratchet, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

If you purchase a three PC CD, you activate on one PC, does the clock start ticking on the other two installs also, or can you start the 12 month subscription as needed on the other PCs? Thanks!

2. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

tick tock.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think that's the same with all vendors, some licenses start ticking after buying, and some after activation, but even though it's for 3 pc's it's one license, so it's the same for all PC's.

4. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

The clock starts ticking as soon as you make the first install and activation. When you install on your subsequent PCs, you'll see the remaining time left for the license since the first install.

So, no, you can't install on one PC, wait a year, then install on a new PC and expect to obtain a further license for another year :)

Chris.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it depends on each company. some boxed versions of products have three individual license codes inside.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hi Lodore, please let me know who does, and thank you.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it sure the 3 user license i had with 3 separate code was a boxed version of kaspersky internet security.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ok look, not to sound judgemental, but its a really naive question. Do you really think that companies give out 3 years for the price of 1? (Install on 1 machine for 12 months ,then install on another for 12 months, down the track) if you do then tell me how you run your business? Oh wait! you probably would be bankrupt by now if you did that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.