ThreatSense Extensions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Temmu, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temmu

Temmu Registered Member

is threatsense the same as real-time file protection?

will adding extensions here prevent scanning those in real time?

real-time file systems protection
    threatsense engine parameter setup: [setup...]
    extensions
    extension: [add]

------------------------------------------------------------------

is there a place to exclude folders?

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

EDIT: I had a quick trigger finger on this one, resulting in a non-moderator-like post. Answer removed. Whew!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

4. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Indeed, thanks for the clarification.

5. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

We all do mistakes from time to time . Even Mods can make mistakes , as far as I know you are human just like everyone else here :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. Temmu

Temmu Registered Member

eryan - thanks for thinking better of it. i didn't see the post, but i can imagine. prolly something along the lines of, 'you should already know that' or 'google first' or 'isn't it obvious?'

when i was installing the remote admin console, i called tech support. they had the same response, 'read the manual'. 'but', i said... they barked again, 'read the manual, the answer is in there!' it was an horrible experience, i will never call again. [i did read the manual, i'd grabbed the wrong port number, hence my woes.]

i bought the product because aryeh goretsky, a ms mvp introduced me to it last year. i mention him only because his posts are polite and in stark contrast to what 2 of 4 ppl i've dealt with so far have been. (the email support has been polite and i cannot tell how many are involved with that, i'm only counting names.)

i guess being a newbie to a product and to a forum, flames are to be expected.

hitech boy - thanks for taking time to reply, the terms are confusing, which is why i posted.

eryan - thanks for posting, i will do a better job of searching the eset site before i post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.