Threatfire vs Comodo Leak Test

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rivalen, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

TF will all boxes ticked and set to highest sensitivity. I got one question from Comodo test and TF alerted and I told TF to quarantine - and havent seen anything since then.

What did I do wrong or did TF do something right?

Defensewall was disabled and Antivir Guard stopped during this "test".

Could anyone try this?

Best Regards

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

In TF, if you go to Settings-->Quarantine, is there anything there? If so, it moved the files created from the leaktest in there.

3. Rivalen

Yes Fuzzfas there where 2 files there, but it stopped the whole test.

Ran test as untrusted under DW got 260. I guess when/if DW comes with outbound protection this will be better. If those 8 is something calling home the sandbox I am not to worried, but I didnt bother to read which ones DW didnt pass.

Ran with DW and TF able - after 9 protected a row TF alerted - killed and quarantined - and the whole test stopped again.

I guess Threatfire is a beauty after all - or?

Best Regards

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

In Threatfire you have 2 choices; Allow or Quarantine. It would have been nice if TF had a deny so you could see if it detects the rest of the tests. You basically cancelled the test.

Ice

5. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Since it was clt.exe (or what its name is) launching all the leak test, it did wisely... It quarantined the "root of the evil".

You can try launching individual leak test files if you like.

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

6. Rivalen

I ran PC Audit 1 + 2 and TF stopped them both. Since the description of PC Audit 2 was something like this is a heavy test that many companies security cant stop I guess that TF with all boxes ticked and sensitivity at highest is a pretty mean machine.

But this is Gibson not Comodo - dont know if there is a way to test Comdo one by one. I tested Comodo cpil or soemthing like that and stopped it.

I dont think Ill bother with more tests - Im beginning to feel pretty confident that my security setup is the best one available ;-)

Best Regards

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  7. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

The biggest mistakes people did were a result of a wrong confidence as a rule :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.