Threatfire killed Keyboard - Can't login - Any help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by halcyon, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

This is apparently a never-ending story for TF...

How would a computer illiterate user know how to solve this serious problem? Therefore it's better not to install TF to someone who has a limited knowledge regarding Windows/computers because maybe you ain't around when they need your help solving TF related problems. Initially TF seems to be a perfect solution for n00bs, but I'm afraid it isn't.

/C.

2. TOADFROG

TOADFROG Registered Member

<<neverending>> I found references to disappearing keyboards in threatfire predecessor product cyberhawk posted mid-2007 on the PCTools forum. There's been a bunch of problems posted since Aug 2008...and who know's how many haven't complained because they have no keyboards..
    <<computer illiterate user >>
    I couldn't agree more. I rec'd it to 2 less capable users because I thought it was harmless and liked the zero day protection. I was embarrassed to email them back and tell them to pull it off. Even experienced users will have to invest considerable time...it took me half a day to find and implement an effective solution. It's kind of like one of those dated viruses that sits dormant for awhile then kills your PC on a certain date. Threatfire worked fine for over a month till yesterday when it killed the keyboards on 2 PC's at the same time.

3. progress

progress Guest

:D

I had no keyboard problems with TF, but it seems that TF slows down my machine :'(

4. TOADFROG

TOADFROG Registered Member

...YET!!!
    I had no problems for a month...then it hit 2 different PC's at once...If it hit everybody, the ratings on cnet, etc, would reflect that and people would avoid it...as I now wish I had.
    Perhaps those using Vista are less vulnerable...I'm exclusively XP.

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

So very true,think I'll just stick with the uneventful Mamutu and leave all that stress to others :p

6. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

This is why I never install TF in my 'real' system.

Only in VM's with undo on. :doubt:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

No keyboard problems for me back a few versions, the last time I tried Threatfire.
    But several seperate tries it always ran fine for a couple of days then TF would eat 100% of my CPU and I would have to manually shut down my pc.
    No more though, personaly i'm done with this app.

8. progress

progress Guest

That also happened on my wife's machine, but I don't know why. Is there a reason? Hm, TF seems to have some bugs :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.