Threatfire freezes my system

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Victek, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

The installation of ThreatFire Free 3.5 on XP SP2 went OK, but afterward the OS would intermittently hang after reaching the desktop. I had this problem before with an earlier version, but decided to try again since I'm using only PC Tools security apps at the moment (Firewall and Spyware Doctor 6 + AV). I uninstalled TF and the system returned to normal. I guess it's not getting along with something else on the system. I do have A2 Anti-malware installed, but the background scanner is completely disabled. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem since the system becomes completely unresponsive in normal mode and I have to boot into safe mode to regain access. Words of wisdom appreciated :cool:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hello Victek123 ,
    Perhaps my words will be of wisdom , perhaps ...
    # Clean your PC of dust ;

# Clean your Windows of unnecessary applications superflous in the boot , in the Windows components , in services , which require lots of memory ...

How many services do you , how do you processes in Windows Task Manager , what is your use of Physical Memory after the restart of your PC ?And your Memory Usage for explorer.exe after the restart of your PC ?

PS. I have GeSWall and I'm glad , it is light . My Memory Usage for : gswui.exe : 4556 ko , gswserv.exe : 8024 ko ... And explorer.exe : 17600 ...

Thanks , PROROOTECT:cool:

3. hex_614

hex_614 Registered Member

it's actually threaTfire's fault. that also happend to me im using avg 8.0 professional, i ask avg with regards to this and they told me they have compatibility issues with threatfire. so ive been given two choice to uninstall TF of put the entire folder of TF to AVG's resident shield exception. i uninstalled TF. and used NORTON ANTIBOT which is very light on my system and does cooperate well with my AVG.

But in your case your using PC Tool's software, that should not conflict. but if you really like TF, try to include it in Spyware Doctor 6's exception. or you can try norton antibot and see the difference.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I sincerely don't want sem to add or hint to some tinge of negativity to this, but come on, haven't these ongoing issues/ problems been going on ever since CYBERHAWK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.