ThreatFire Alternative?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by shakethebabyass, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

Hi Guys, I used to LOVE the extra added security that Threatfire gave me but even with my computer which is not slow, the latest version slows me down terribly.

So, I just want to know... is there any other programs that do the same thing Threatfire does that would be safe to run alongside my Norton 360?

Thanks!

2. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Mamutu is the only other behavior blocker I'm aware of and it should run fine alongside Norton 360. Other programs that should also be compatible with Norton 360 are Prevx and Immunet Protect. They are not behavior blockers per say, but they would be good for a second opinion.

4. guest

guest Guest

Norton already have a behaviour blocker, I think that you dont need add anything else. But some light software that you can add:
    winpatrol
    keyscrambler
    Immunet
    Prevx
    But as I said I think that you dont need anything else.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

When testing malware, I found that I needed ThreatFire to cover some things Norton missed, so I still run it in conjunction.

I also wouldn't add all of those, at least not Immunet - still not fast enough IMHO. :doubt:

6. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

I would suggest trying WinPatrol, it's the lightest program I have found and works well.
    :)

7. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

8. raven211

How can you call AppGuard kinda the same thing!? :blink: AppGuard blocks through policy, ThreatFire is a Behavior Blocker - they're VERY different. o_O

9. guest

guest Guest

This is strange since Norton bought PCtools they must have access to the source code of Threatfire so I thought that Norton would be better.

10. raven211

Yeah, I hoped so too, but so far I've only seen a copy of a product with a higher price tag instead - it's ridiculous...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.