this site detected my add blocking tools

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by UNICRON, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hope you went to the Dr., my friend. If not, you certainly should. Pete

2. snowman

snowman Guest

Pete

yup...had to go to the hospital in the early a.m.
    they wanted to pump......ouch..no thanks.....so gave me charcoal.........Pete...buddy old friend..never let them give you charcoal..........I don't dare go to sleep   LOL

snowman

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Possibly, but if you registered on this board, you could instant message me the info :)

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Get wel soon, Snowman !

Take care, Jan.

5. snowman

snowman Guest

Unicron

imo the members of this BB must wonder why I haven't registered......an rightously so.

the problem is with me...absolutely none else.
    as Paul can perhaps attest to...there are certain reasons I don't register......no matter where.  the same reasons are why I never use e mail........now to most people that may sound absurd.......well consider how I must feel..forever being "a guest".....making friends..growing fond of members...but always just "a guest"

I haven't met a person here that I would not welcome to my home.....an yet..registering is not an option in my case......at least not for awhile yet....should I get a second computer for home use....then no problem.....until then I can only ask that everyone please be as understanding as you feel that you can.....an I thank you for doing so.

Unicron...I honestly take your mention of registering as a compliment.......an wanted to offer you and others the opportunity to understand my situation.....an no its not an easy situation to understand.....however. bear in mind that it took three years for me to open an e mail account....an Paul was the ONLY person I have ever sent e mail....then recently  I lost the account....Spy 1 may perhaps remember my situation....maybe Mickey also.....

well..at least you and other members now know that I have a rather unusual situation....regarding registering and e mail.  an believe me I've tryed countless ways......there has been no lack of trying.

snowman

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

snowman,

Indeed I can.  No need to register over here, snowman  ;)

regards.

paul

7. snowman

snowman Guest

Jan

thank you......this one is rough....I have to be careful not to dehydrate......would have stayed a couple of days in the hospital but can't stand the enviorment....
       going to be a very long night...been awake since 5 am yesterday........had a person with me for awhile but decided I wanted to just be alone.....somehow I need to get alittle food down......thats a problem
    ........oh well......

snowman

8. snowman

snowman Guest

Paul

your understanding and kindness is most appreciated........an you can bet.....if not for my "situation" I would register in a heartbeat....

say..I noticed that membership is on the rise here...an I've a feeling that will continue.

snowman

9. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Well I hope you get well soon. Regardless if you register, you are still a member to me.

10. snowman

snowman Guest

Unicron

now that I very sincerely appreciate.....means a great deal to me Unicron......I am feeling like a run-overed dog right now.....an you sure lifted my feelings.

snowman

11. snowman

snowman Guest

Unicron     (proxo users)

may want to make sure your version is immune to this:

http://www.der-keiler.de/Mailing-Lists/Securiteam/2001-08/0008.html

12. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

didn't seem to be a prob there, my firewall blocked access to port 9999 by proxo.

13. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

I'm pretty sure the last 2 or 3 versions of Proxo addressed that problem. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Hope your gut gets better Snowman. Food poisoning is a horrid thing to put up with.
    I went to that site with no adblocking software, but I did have Mozilla set to block 3rd party images (ads), 3rd party cookies, and urequested windows (ie. popups). Didn't stop a single page from loading. I think that site got ripped off.

14. snowman

snowman Guest

Mike

yes its also my understanding that the newest versions of proxo are immune.

yeah this illness has knocked me silly...lost 18 lbs in two days.....not good.    can barely sleep....during a business meeting yesterday my attorneys having my best interest in mind canceled the meeting mid-way....

well Mike..good to be hearing from you...hope you are doing okay............

snowman

15. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Please IM or email your germs to me - my cardiologist says I need to lose a lot of weight...   :(

16. snowman

snowman Guest

Checkout

LOL......I like you far to much to do such a thing LOL
        but hey.....maybe I can try that on the snakes LOL

Doctor will pay me a visit in a couple of hours.....insisted that a nurse be with me today...oh boy I can just hear it now  "you have to stay in bed"    yeah, wanna bet  LOL

of course their wont be any friendly computing until she leaves

snowman

17. Pete,

You didn't get blocked from the site with spyblocker running.  I just visited there and the page loaded fine, minus the junk.  Click on some of the buttons you see, browsing the site is a snap with SpyBlocker.

Furthermore, SpyBlocker allows me to run a proxy such as proxomitron STEALTH.  That site can't detect anything I run.  The trick is to use a pacfile (pacfile generator) and lilnk your ad blocking proxy to that.  Therefore you technically don't have any ad blocking installed directly into your browser so NOTHING is detected.  

If anyone needs any help securing your adblockers I'd be glad to help since this is the way of the future it's important to know you can fight back!

BTW, 5.2 is out now.  (http://www.spyblocker-software.com)

18. Checkout

I have to admit, your product is pretty slick.  I really should check and see if 5.2 will fit in my configuration of chained proxies.  Is there an online manual, Paul?

Many thanks.

19. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

20. Checkout

Rats.

This means I can't use it, since JAP uses 4001, chained off Proxo on 8080.  Shame.

21. Sure you could use it,  neither of these two programs you listed use port 80!

I use SB  > Pacfile > Prox(8080)

Any combination can be achieved.  

22. Checkout

Ding!  You might just have a paying customer, Paul!

IE -> SB (Use Automatic config script 127.0.0.2) -> Proxo (via pacfile) -> JAP -> The World!

So where does port 80 come in?   :)

23. SpyBlocker

SpyBlocker Registered Member

Port 80 is spyblockers home port,  this port is used for detection of unwanted resources.  

24. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Does this mean a webserver can not be run on the same machine?

is there no registry setting to change this?

25. SpyBlocker

SpyBlocker Registered Member

if that webserver runs on port 80 you can still use SB to generate a hosts file, but the rest of the program will not be functional.   There is no setting to change this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.