This must be a FP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by m00nbl00d, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I checked it for you Nod32 4 picksup as probably a win/32 genetik trojan.I upload to Virustotal and panda detects as a suspicious file.Its probably a falsepositive and I summitted it to eset.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The file DefenseWall_HIPS_v2_46.exe is reported clean here. Do you have the latest database signatre version 3737 installed? If so, please send that file in a ZIP/RAR archive protected with the password "infected" to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive" and a link to this thread in the subject.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

3739 detected by the internet heuristics. I won't send since djohn did.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Attached Files:

• dw.png
      dw.png
      File size:
      109.6 KB
      Views:
  6. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Attached Files:

7. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

Hey Marcos, wich settings do you use to test the files? It's not the first time that someone reports a file that is detected by nod32 and you say that is clean, when, as u can see here, is not true. I wonder if that's why nod32 is not detecting a lot of things and there are more cases of false positives lately; because maybe something is wrong with the settings you and your team are using to do the testing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.