This Keylogger Defeats Zemana And Comodo D+

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by markedmanner, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Probably it was not enabled during your test? :)

Also, i hate VM's for that reason, they're so unstable for me :D (Or maybe i just feel it's unstable but really it is not)

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I'm sure it was enabled during the test.

I have no problems with VM's, they're just slow sometimes, but that's just because it's heavy for normal consumer PC's to run two OS's plus their programs at the same time :p

3. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

...but it will end soon. At least from ClearCloud DNS side. I contacted them (most likely not me only) via their contact form and i received response today, that they will remove your site from blacklist in next update.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I can confirm that Prevx easily evades this keylogger with its SafeOnline module.

5. Francis93

Francis93 Registered Member

The update is now in effect. The site is no longer blocked.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The so-called "Block" by Process Guard gives no indication that the file is a keylogger. In fact, all PG has done in this case is to function as an anti-executable.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may have guessed that I hold anti-executables in very low regard as security apps. . .

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hi bellgamin
    But isn't the point that sometime, something else (malware) may try to start the executable, and that is when the execution blocker starts to earn its keep?

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Some do a little more then that like not saying anything, just doing it silently and accurately.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I always consider that if the pop up at least tells me it's trying to key log my input, then i consider it blocked (In which Online Armor alerted about key log activities) :thumb:

10. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Indeed, and that's fine with me :) as it's alerted & blocked an exe that wasn't known to my system = :thumb:

Process Guard also alerts & blocks etc other useful things, it's not just an anti-exe ;)

pg.gif

Really :p

Except that's not the whole story ! as PG would alert/block anything new you didn't double-click but tried to run, such as malware = The whole point = :thumb:

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I'm with Bellgamin opinion, but only if it's a lame Pop Up that doesn't shows or says any relevant information about the process/executable.
    (Ex. ProcessGuard Pop Ups, shows no relevant information = Crappy Pop Up with no real life usability IMO) There's no real benefit from it if it doesn't alerts your of something important :)

At least Zemana, OA and some others alerted from key logging activities "xxxx program is trying to log your keys". :D

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

SBIE blocks 16k I.jpg

SBIE blocks 16k.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I agree. Through restriction configuring, Sandboxie can stop the logger from running.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Tested this against F-Secure 2011 just for fun.
    All settings are maxed, it failed :)

15. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Vipre failed too because it didn't warn me of any suspicious activities (Vipre HIPS is more like an anti executable).
    It only warned me about "16k.exe wants to run" :)

16. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

The signature vendor is not on the TVL.

You also have to uncheck "Automatically scan unrecognized files in the cloud".

This is not signed by a trusted vendor, so the "Automatically trust files from trusted vendors" has no effect.

The question is: when it is scanned in the cloud, is it trusted because of the Comodo signature or behaviour analysis?

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

This! i asked the same thing at their forums, and they didn't give me a detailed answer. :cautious:
    Anyways, i'm still using Comodo CIS V5.3 and it's awesome :D

18. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Checking in the cloud is both the cloud scanner and I believe CIMA. The behavior blocker is coming supposedly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.