This is my advise.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Almatrodi, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You guys need not be so harsh on this guy. After all he did buy Ti9 in good faith and it does not work for him. English is obviously not his native language, so if his posts seem a little harsh, try to understand he probably meant something different than he ended up typing. I know I would have trouble writng a letter to a native of Tibet.

He has obviously tried Ti9 and also Ti8 and has been able to get a little further with Ti8 than Ti9.
    Acronis has directed him to create a text file on diskette. If anyone had looked, as he had suggested, then you would have found his laptop to not have a floppy, thus rendering the Acronis' instructions useless. He repeatedly posted that he couldn't do their instructions, but Acronis insisted. I doubt if English is the first language of the people at Acronis either, judging from the sigs on their posts.
    He also stated that he is not a computer guru.

As far as I see it;
    Acronis does not have access to a machine/controller like his to test the raid.
    He needs to tell Acronis if his machine is in raid0 or raid1 (It can do both).
    His offer to send Acronis a copy of his raid driver is valid, so they may get Ti to work with it, or at least discover what actual hardware he has.
    Acronis should send him instructions to perhaps get him to save the text file they want on a flash drive or memory stick (which he has) ports/slots for, and extract it from there.

After all, he believed in Acronis' marketing, so let's hope he will also be able to believe in their support.
    So lets hope Acronis will pick up the ball here.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Almatrodi,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please tell us the case number of your support request (which is in the subject field of the letters from Acronis support department)?

Thank you.
    __
    Best regards,
    Alexander Fedotov

3. Almatrodi

Almatrodi Registered Member

noonie and webdev..,
    thanks a lot.

Alexander Fedotov.
    i hope this is the number you want.
    [Acronis #380667]
    and i want from u, why did you sell TI9 while it is not ready?

btw,,, i am using my wife's pc. mine is still waitting ur help.

4. Almatrodi

mr Alexander Fedotov.

if u need my RAID driver, i'll send it.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hearsay and speculation post removed - let's attempt to keep on topic with Almatrodi's issue/s.

6. Almatrodi

mr Alexander..

please,, help. i am waiting.

:rolleyes:

7. Acronis Support

Hello Almatrodi,

I found your letter. If you cannot copy the sysinfo.txt file from diskette. Please do the following:

1. Download the following file (rawwritewin-0.7.zip): http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite.htm
    2. Then boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

3. Boot in Windows, unpack rawwritewin-0.7.zip and run the rawwritewin.exe file.
    4. Choose "Read" tab and specify the path for creating the image of your diskette (File Name: test and save as type: *.img )
    5. Then press the "Read" button
    6. After that please send the test.img file to Acronis Support.

Also please let me know the full model name of the HDD controller your drive is connected to. We will certainle help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Irina:

Did you notice noonie's post (#26 in this thread) ? Almatrodi's laptop may well not have a floppy diskette drive. I didn't see one listed at the specification page link which Almatrodi posted: http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe....T_ID=103007&DISC_MODEL=0&toshibaShop=reseller

Sorry to interject but I'm just trying to facilitate communication here.

EDIT: deleted a second item I had posted out of my own ignaorance -- I know better now ;)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  9. Acronis Support

Hello crofttk,

I am really sorry for my careless mistake.

Dear Almatrodi, I can suggest you create the sysinfo.txt file with the following method: boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please issue the following command:

sysinfo

Please write down the output after this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to us. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually.

I know that you try to do this method, please try it again, this information will allow us to investigate the problem and help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.