thinkvantage software and nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ashishtx, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

i have a question. Does nod32 have any compatibilty issue with thinkvantage software? i have thinkpad z60m loaded with symantec client security which i removed it by add/remove program and then i installed nod32 which froze my computer. But when i disabled automatic starting of amon it worked properly and when i enable automatic starting of amon it again causes the problem. any idea? thank you.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Running a T42 over here plus NOD32 - no problems what so ever ;). Seems like some remnants from your former AV is causing troubles here.

regards,

paul

3. ashishtx

do you know a way by which i can remove those remanants because i have throughly removed all the remanants of symantec client security. I installed etrust r7 antivirus and it works fine.And i then i removed etrust and installed nod32 but as soon as i install nod32 with automatic updates and automatic start of amon, my computer freezes. my computer works fine when i disable automatic starting of amon. any ideao_O

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Works fine on ours as well - T-22/23/40/41/42, M40/41/42/50/51/52. Don't think it's a NOD problem. Ashishtx - Is anything showing up in the NOD/AMON logs? What about the System or Application logs?

Jack

5. ashishtx

i don't see any information in the logs of nod32 and amon. is thinkvantage software causing the problem?

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I run a Stinkpad myself, quite a few clients on newer T4x series..and just setup a few of the new Z series at a law firm client of mine...not one hiccup.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I know you are talking about AMON being the culprit, but can you please try repairing Winsock

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

8. ashishtx

how winsock is going to help me? What is causing the problem?

9. ashishtx

i found the way out of the situation myself. The culprit was the encrypted secure file by utimaco software which is included in the client security solution. EVry time when amon used to start scanning the files, it got stuck while scanning the secure file which is encrypted. To solve the problem i added that secure folder in to exclusion menu of amon and it is working fine. The other thing which i adjusted was selecting the option of portable computer for internet connection instead of fixed line/lan. I am not sure that prior settings froze my computer but the above settings worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.