Thinking of using FDISR.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Bio-Hazard, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Got it. At least you know they are working on it. Also realize you feed back results to Raxco, and they pass it on to Leapfrog, and the fixes come the other way. Even so they are faster then most.

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Confusion with anchored folders.
    When I am in one snapshot eg Primary, and I download a file to an anchored folder, should I not be able to see this file when I jump to another snapshot, because this does not seem to be happening.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes you should see that downloaded file in any snapshot.
    Are you sure the RIGHT folder is anchored ?
    Did you download in the right folder ?
    Is your browser sandboxed ?

4. tradetime

Ok yes sorry, Erik, got confused between two things, ok I have an anchored folder on my desktop called Downloads, I have created a clesn install of XP via the empty snapshot route, I had expected the folder to show up on the desktop here after perhaps a reboot, but no. Now, I can find this folder by search, and can access it and its contents, just thought it should have shown up here.

5. ErikAlbert

Any output-file (documents, spreadsheets, ...) you create or any downloaded file has to be stored in one or more anchored folders. That's the principle.
    The anchoring has the advantage that you save space on your harddisk, otherwise the folder "My Documents" would be stored in each snapshot. Anchoring is a good solution, because it will last forever until your harddisk is full.

The normal way is that you anchor "My Documents" and create a folder "Downloads" under "My Documents". Of course there are many ways to do this, you just have to organize your harddisk one time for each activity and that's it. :)

6. tradetime

Ok guys, yet another question for the collective. So far I have been copy / updating from the active snapshot, but I notice on the gui that when selecting the source all snapshots are listed, also reading the help I see nothing to suggest that I cannot copy from an inactive snapshot to another inactive snapshot, anyone had any experience with this?
    Given that one of the great challenges for this type of software is to cope with open files in the active snap and copy them accurately, it would seem to me to lighten the burden if the program was simply copying an in-active snap.
    Thoughts?

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You sure can do this. My experience just shows it would be a waste of time. Real time is saved from going from snapshot to archive, because the source and target are on different disks.

8. ErikAlbert

Tradetime,
    Anything what is listed on the source snapshot screen, is allowed to be a source snapshot.
    Anything what is listed on the destination snapshot screen, is allowed to be a destination snapshot.

The wizard shows only valid snapshots that are technical possible.
    For instance : you will NEVER see the ACTIVE snapshot in the destination snapshot screen, because the wizard KNOWS that.

Of course you have to choose the RIGHT snapshot in both screens. ;)

9. tradetime

LOL thnx Erik that was what I thought, just thought I'd make sure.

10. tradetime

Understood Peter, I was wondering more if it made errors less likely, of use possibly to those who are plagued by errors during copy / update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.