they now know how to get under a fire wall now wha

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mr.Blaze, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

two months algo megahn  from screen savers show was mentioned by patrick and that other guy that she new how to get under a fire wall easly  they actualy let it sliped out.

lol she actualy showed them how easy it was befor the show came on lol.

I personaly had experince this brutal attack lol.

i even wrote in to wilders about it and gave them a huge list of all my security settings fire walls  and safty procutions and it was a big list in the end the only thing that saved me was dimonds regystry protection.

lol as they were reconfigering the  the tds and the nortion and the fire walls regystry dimonds regystry protection kept changeing the keys back to normal lol.

i was actualy seeing a person in my computer changeing and trying to delet keys i informed wilders and almost the next day they had a newer verstion of dimonds regystry protection up there fast lol.

but now that more people are learning how to get underneath the fire wall.

what now and what next where do we go from here when wanabe hackers can now get in.

i dont mind a real hacker they usealy snope and leave but the younger ones seem bent on causeing havok and mayham and with new easy to use hacker tools and  one click utlitys its relly geting nasty out there

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Re: they now know how to get under a fire wall now

Hi Mr. Blaze,

Although I don't fully understand your post:

In order to bypass a firewall:

a) a system has to be infected, with for example a trojan server.  

b) a system owner should allow such a server out, after being asked to accept/deny outgoing traffic.

c) all this provided a software firewall is able to catch malware (traffic) running parallel/below the windows stack.

I'm moving this thread to the "firewalls" forum, since as I see it, you are in fact talking about firewalls and how to circumvent these.

regards.

paul

3. Mr.Blaze

i use to think so to but i had great trojan software and never detected  a trojan and the reson my puter has been safe for so long is mainly because of wilders web site and this messeage bord and its moderators that i have to thank.

Ill try to write meghan on screen savers and ask her how she did it but shes a celebrity and gets thousands of fan e-mails a day i doubt ill get a reply back or will she admit she knows how cause they try there best not to let people know what they can do when it comes to hacking for good pr reasons.

Like i said it was a slip up but the fact that i had experince such a attack first hand lets me know that it is posiable and am wondering how many know how now.

thxs for your feed back.

4. Paul Wilders

Mr. Blaze,

Could you enlighten me how she managed to get access to your system? I'm really curious.. :cool:

regards,

paul

5. Mr.Blaze

OK maybe I worded it wrong theirs some misunderstanding loll ill try to go in to better detail.

I was watching screen savers TV show like two months ago or so cant exactly remember the exact date.

On the show if you ever watched it you will notice Patrick and Leo get off subject a lot.

Just as the show was under way they were talking about security and fire walls and they mentioned Megan or possibly cat knew how to get underneath a fire wall easily and she had showed them before the show came on.

I believe even za was mentioned as well.

I believe she hacked underneath the fire wall in there fire wall to show Leo and Patrick how easy it was loll.

Any ways they immediately changed the subject and got back on topic she didn't hack me loll I don't even know her personally at all loll but she is kindah cute.

If you watch the show a lot you know that they let stuff slip about hacking ever so often loll but try not to go into depth about it since they don't want people knowing stuff like that on there show bad pr I would imagine.

Several days later I got hacked badly I even mentioned it to wilders.org and gave them a huge list of the Internet security and settings I was using and what had happened and in the end what had saved me diamonds registry protection.

Although I never received an e-mail back the very next day wilders.org had updated there free tools section with diamonds registry protection not only that but it was a newer version of what I had.

IM actually amazed of how resourceful and fast you guys are loll I felt like my little e-mail had made a small difference and felt like you guys take ever e-mail seriously and give it its Owen personal attention I never seen a site so dedicated as wielders.

So when I got attacked what happened was somebody had breached my security and had try to delete and alter important registry keys to Norton za black ice and tds I watch the whole thing happened and at first I was in total horror.

But diamonds registry protection at the same time was warning me and was restoring all the keys and the deleted keys as fast as the hacker was I unhook my phone line and had all the keys changed back to normal.

I also went threw the usual motions of cleaning ot any thing that might be nasty in my computer reinstall Norton and all security software and re up date it all deep search for errors defrag and check for spyware,worms,trojans,cookies, cache, viruses ect ect just to be safe.

To give you an ideal of what they bypassed and how bad the attack was heres a list of all the stuff I had at the time loll except the newer version of diamonds registry I had the older version lol.

internet securty settings for web
    dowenlod active x controls
    disiable
    active scripting disabled
    scripting of javah applets disabled
    NOTE:NO MORE POP UPS OR SPAM LOL with these settings albolve

Nortion Antiviruse [oem] 2000 millinume edition v6.20.04 updated & installed
    enable mail protection yes viruse check twice a week

Cr 2 kill installed

Hta stop installed

vc claner installed

pandah quick remover installed

nimba killer installed

Dimonds Registry protection v2.0  Administaration latest verstion installed

IRC CLEAN

I-Worm/ANTS3 Cleaner  isstalled

Ad-alware plus 5.6 installed and updated
    configuration i sweep daily just in case

general options
    safe mode yes
    auto logfile yes

sections to scan settings
    my computer
    scan memory
    scan registry
    quick scan
    deep scan
    scan drives
    C (fixed)

PLUS OPTIONS
    add scan ad-alware entry to explorer yes
    automatcly remove files in use after rebooting yes
    hide splashscreen at start up yes
    play sound if spyware found yes
    include adtional process information yes
    include adtional file information

Ad-watch 2.3
    auto start ad watch yes
    force unloading yes
    auto pop up yes
    lunch ad-aware yes
    atomatic mode yes
    remove bad cookies yes

RefUpdate v1.2

Rehance 2.0
    Ad search

Zone alarm v2.6.362 installed
    Alert
    settings
    log to text files
    show alert pop up window

security settings
    lochal high
    internet high
    block lochal severs yes
    block internet severs yes
    enable mail safe protection yes

internet lock settings
    ingage inter net lock of inactivityafter 10 minutes
    when screen saver activates yes
    pass lock internet may acess internet yes

programs
    act as serrvers no to every thing big red x
    allow to conect to the internet
    only securty programs nortion zone alarm and black ice and isp provider all other aplications such as windows media real player ect internet autostarts disable and denied
    pass lock nortion black ice and zone alarm

configure
    load on start up
    check for updates

Visual zone report utlity

BlackICE Defender 2.5 for Workstation installed and updated
    settings
    paranoid
    enable auto blocking yes
    allow internet file shareing hell no
    allow net bios nighbor hood no
    packet loging no
    evidince loging yes

configure
    load on start up
    configure
    load on start up
    check for updates

Bid attack Black ice attack list viwer installed

Tds v3 installed
    settings
    Execution protiction installed
    process file scan
    memory object scan
    memorymut exe scan
    registry and file trace scan

scan options
    deep search inside files
    compress excutionables
    zip rar archives
    advance deep search
    hidden excutionables

scan drivers
    scan dll libarins
    show suspictiose file names

generic detection
    antitrojane\anti worm hostile script generich senscitivity high

Trojane check verstion 5.0.4.2 final installed

Trojans First Aid Kit 5.01 installed

ANTS Version 2.0 Final-Release 1 installed
    always have ants guard on when surfing the net

NeoTrace 3.25 Pro  installd

sam spade (1.14)installed

Internet Sweeper Version 1.4.9 installed

reg cleaner v4.2 installed

eraser installed

AtGuard 3.22 not installed

NeoWatch 2.4 not installed

i belie this was the correct list at that time oh and i had worm guard the trial verstion lol.
    by the way i sumited the list awhile back and had you look over it and you said that i look perty secure but was missing nortion 2002  so i bought that yesterday lol thx by the way your opnione means alot.

6. Paul Wilders

Mr. Blaze,

Got it  :D.  Thanks for refreshing the memory!

regards.

paul

7. Mr.Blaze

will i e-mailed meg and kat hopefully they will tell me  if i heard them right about easly breaching fire walls and how to do it.

then you can tel me how to stop it lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.