There’s no scientific evidence that the light emitted by phones and computers causes eye problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Nov 24, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

There’s no scientific evidence that the light emitted by phones and computers causes eye problems
    November 22, 2019
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7nzz/blue-light-glasses-screen-scam
    Should You Be Worried About Blue Light? (August 24, 2017)
    No, Blue Light From Your Smartphone Is Not Blinding You (August 20, 2018)

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

but its fact that smartphone displays make deaf, blind and stupid - and wet wet wet, hopefully their devices were waterproof :D

3. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

So, there's nothing concrete according to them. All those articles are simply speculation.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Unequivocally without question. Evidence is plain as day and requires no independent (uh hem) technical studies.

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I was thinking about this when I ordered specs from Zenni a few days ago. I went with the BLOCKZ lenses because they were 30% off, whereas normal ones were only 20%, even though I was fairly convinced there was no actual benefit based on what I had read. The extra cost of paying for "just in case" was $5. I guess I was being rationale about an emotional decision.:confused:

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Ultimately there is no scientific proof of anything without a contradicting story that claims otherwise. In this case I assume it is just a story created to shift liability away from the manufacturers of these devices. I'm sure they will reference it when someone tries to sue them.

7. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Dangers from blue light exposure worsen with age: ‘Detrimental to human health’

Constant exposure to blue light from phones and computers is very harmful to people. Researchers from Oregon State University say the damaging effects of daily, lifelong exposure to blue light worsen as a person ages...

'...While the full effects of blue light exposure across the lifespan are not yet known in humans, accelerated aging observed in short-lived model organism should alert us to the potential of cellular damage by this stressor.'...

'The novel aspect of this new study is showing that chronic exposure to blue light can impair energy-producing pathways even in cells that are not specialized in sensing light,'...

Researchers suggest, to combat blue light, people should get eyeglasses with amber lenses..."

https://www.studyfinds.org/blue-light-expsoure-harmful/

8. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Digital aging: Too much blue light from screens makes you grow old faster

Too much blue light from gadgets like televisions, laptops, and smartphones can accelerate the aging process, a new study warns. Researchers found that the light could also lead to the onset of obesity and psychological problems...

'Excessive exposure to blue light from everyday devices, such as TVs, laptops, and phones, may have detrimental effects on a wide range of cells in our body, from skin and fat cells, to sensory neurons'..."

https://studyfinds.org/blue-light-screens-aging/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.