TheGreenbow firewall. Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sukarof, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I did download and install it but I got BSOD some sort of conflict with bobfilap.sys that belongs to the firewall and I think Prevx1 since the BSOD comes at the same time as Prevx1 is loading.

Since I am on my route to non intrusive security apps it would be nice if this was one of them.
    Anyone tried it to confirm what they claim:

I have seen some posts about it, but they are a year old and I guess Thegreenbow has evolved since then.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Tried it a few months ago, it was very light on the resources but also very basic. It didn't pass many of the leaktests (possibly none of them if i remember correctly). I wasn't that impressed with it, look n stop is a far better choice.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for your input. I did manage to install it properly after I uninstalled Prevx1 and reinstalled it after I installed greenbow. I haven't tried all the leak tests, it fails cpilsuite and pcflankleaktest but it passes grc leaktest and DNS tester at least :)
    It is indeed very light on resources and not much configuration posibilities (or hassle if you want :) )
    I will try it for a while to see if it something to recommend to friends who hate firewall popups :)

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah if you just want a basic easy to use firewall then its fine, it doesnt interfere too much and doesnt slow the system down, 2 positive points imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.