The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Feb 14, 2011.

1. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

LILCruz

All the downloads on my pages are directly from the Shadow Defender site.
    Many people have downloaded and are using 1.1.0.325 without it being detected as containing a virus as far as I know.

I would suggest at this stage though and with the present situation of doubt and confusion about the ownership of both sites, to remove anything that you are not entirely happy with.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

FYI

Been using v.326 for some time on XP/SP2 with no probs :thumb:

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

For those that want to check the MD5 of their installers I have had 1.1.0.278, 1.1.0.320 and 1.1.0.325 here sense they were first released by Tony.

Attached Files:

• 278.png
      278.png
      File size:
      1.6 KB
      Views:
    • 320.png
      320.png
      File size:
      1.5 KB
      Views:
    • 325.png
      325.png
      File size:
      1.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

Are you sure? My crc are:
    101cdc867f7771faae6810483ef16439 *SD1.1.0.325_Setup.exe, 1270611 bytes
    35edf53c0b4d3b8960047cfbfcbae7e3 *SD1.1.0.325_Setup(x64).exe, 1163893 bytes

Both files were downloaded at 23.Feb.2010.

edit: I found a 32 bit installer with 4ed0f50233680ffc37fbe5cf8057c634 and 1141856 bytes but it's date is 24.Feb.2010. My installer above is from 23.Feb.2010.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

That's odd.
    Is the first checksum in your post MD5?
    Forgot to mention the one's I posted are 32bit.

6. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

Yes, it's md5, first of the 32 bit and second of the 64 bit setup file. Maybe Tony updated the file at 23/24.Feb.2010 without changing the version number.

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Yes sometimes Tony added a small update to the same version of the program at times.
    Quite often you could download from the official site then a few days later download the same version from cnet and there would be a different checksum and vice versa.

8. LiLCruz

LiLCruz Registered Member

So, can anyone give me a link to SD1.1.0.325 because the one sd site is SD1.1.0.331.

9. Tony

Tony Registered Member

10. LiLCruz

11. Tony

Tony Registered Member

So it does?

If you are after the 32bit version then i have just uploaded it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IRAM5YBL

12. LiLCruz

13. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Does anyone have any updates on ShadowDefender? By updates I mean things like:

1. Any responses from the new(?) owner?
    2. Changelog of new version.
    3. Your opinion on whether the new version is "safe".

Thanks in Advance.

14. Bigabe

Bigabe Registered Member

@3:
    I wouldn't use it at all.
    There is no reason at all for a developer to not telling his customers what is going on.
    Especially when it comes down to security programs.
    IMHO there are 2 possible outcomes of this whole mystery:
    1. A company bought the software and Tony is forbidden to tell anyone. But there is not one reason I can think of why they should demand that except that they fear that a lot of customers would avoid the software when they know the new owner.

2. The site is hacked and the developer simply doesn't care anymore.

It just comes down to the fact that Tony either has serious problems so he has no possibility to clear this situation, but I don't think that because the tone of the person who claims to know Tony wasn't depressed or something like that.

Or he doesn't care anymore or isn't allowed to tell and I think every customer has the right to know what the heck is going on here. So I see no reason to use this software anymore.

It doesn't fulfill its meaning, to secure the customers PCs. No one knows if there is an unknown backdoor in the new update or not, and why they just don't care to inform their mods what is going on.
    No serious company would act this way.

15. crystian

crystian Registered Member

Can anyone tell me why the private messaging system is currently unavailable ?
    I see this since I created my account on this forum .

Thank you .

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There is a minimum number posts you need to make, before you can use PM. This is to prevent spamming.

Pete

17. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I saw a post by Tony the other day, and nearly freaked :eek: I initially thought it was SD TONY Sadly it's not :(

18. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm curious as to where this "Hany3" went as well. His sudden appearance, the following rant, and then evidently going back into the shadows could spawn 100 theories. I have serious doubts we'll see this Tony again, and after the last few incidents, I suspect Shadow Defender is about to go extinct. Even if he came back, there would have to be a lot of explaining to rid himself and his product of the distrust that has built up. Anyway, I'll continue watching this thread, it's turned into a nice little soap opera :D

19. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

:thumb: Too much mystery...:D :D :D

20. crystian

crystian Registered Member

OK , I understand and I want to know how big is that minimum .

Thank you for your time .

21. ecom

ecom Registered Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but has already following what's going on with SD in Wilders Security for quite sometime now (simply just too lazy to register & post:D ), but I'm very curious with the new SD 1.1.0.331 version that has just released recently on March 31st, here is the thing to point out:

• There is no change log for this new SD 1.1.0.331 version, the SD author always post change log update every time on previous release.

• There seems to be massive code change/enhance/clean up with the new SD 1.1.0.331, I've tried to extract all the files in the installer, then pack and compress all major files with 7zip (only Commit.exe, Daemon.exe, Defender.exe, diskpt2k.sys, diskpt.sys, ShellExt.dll), and found that the new SD 1.1.0.331 actually smaller then the old SD 1.1.0.326 nor the SD 1.1.0.325, the total size different is nearly 1MB:eek: . Meaning, normal application update will only cause the file size grow bigger not smaller because codes are added to fix bugs, new functions etc. However, there is an exception when the new version are smaller then the old one, which is the dev decided to trim and clean the application's code to enhance the application's execution performance etc, but this rarely happens.

I'm no professional on this, so is there any advanced user experienced in reversing engineering around here could help verified this or to check any malicious dangerous code are added to the new release to ease everyone's mind on the new version?:doubt:

[P.S. to sdmod], since the UNKNOWN situation to the SD dev , I recommend to remove all the exe direct download link to the official site in #19. I've found that the link for SD 1.1.0.325 exe download has been purposely relink to SD 1.1.0.331.

If it's not too trouble for you, the best is to re-upload all SD official files to hosting site then post link & checksums below at #1 main thread, this is more secure for everyone who need to download the old version. To avoid dead link I recommend to use mass site upload service like UploadMirrors, Sharebee etc.

22. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

ecom
    I would edit the posts I made early but I am not able to, it seems that edit is not working for older posts
    sdmod

[P.S. to sdmod], since the UNKNOWN situation to the SD dev , I recommend to remove all the exe direct download link to the official site in #19. I've found that the link for SD 1.1.0.325 exe download has been purposely relink to SD 1.1.0.331.

If it's not too trouble for you, the best is to re-upload all SD official files to hosting site then post link & checksums below at #1 main thread, this is more secure for everyone who need to download the old version. To avoid dead link I recommend to use mass site upload service like UploadMirrors, Sharebee et

23. ecom

ecom Registered Member

How about consider to open a new thread just for SD files download instead?:rolleyes:

24. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I have all of the Shadow defender downloads uploaded here if anyone is interested.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?f=DUDOX9LK

All of these were downloaded from the official website from 1.1.0.275 up to 1.1.0.326.

25. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

are there any new news?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.