The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

The same thing happens with Firefox if you exclude the entire profile folder. If you only exclude places.sqlite then you will not have that problem with Firefox. Places.sqlite is the only file that needs to be excluded to save your bookmarks in FF. If you knew which file Opera saves bookmarks in, and only exclude that file then you probably would not have that problem. Are you only needing to save bookmarks or is their something else you need to save with Opera? The error could be in the way the browser works, and not with SD. I thought it was with SD also at first then I was thinking maybe Firefox, and Opera saves information in more than one location, and excluding the profile folder maybe causing a bug within the browser due to way the browser functions.

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Hail Shadow Defender! A true masterpiece! This thread was a great idea! Community support. :thumb:

3. eight_trigram

eight_trigram Registered Member

thanks,, cutting_edgetech,, sorry for my late reply,, i think its on google chrome side, because when i install the latest version of shadow defender, like what you are using,, google chrome keeps on crashing, i have three addons installed on it,, although i didnt try the earlier versions of sd,

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I use Opera for more that just browsing; I use it for email, IRC chat, and the occasional brief note. I can do without the IRC chat, although I'd prefer to keep it. That was what I thought was messing me up before. But this last time when I got rid of it I started to have issue with Opera's bookmarks. That makes no sense because the only file that should need to be excluded for bookmarks is bookmarks.adr, and it was.

The mail, I would assume would be trickier. That's why I excluded the entire mail directory. I haven't yet had issue with that aspect of exclusion.

5. rebelscum0000

rebelscum0000 Registered Member

From Snadow Defender Controversial

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1823714#post1823714

@Cutting_Edgetech, Excellent thread

I can not find the MD5 checksums at Shadow Defender.com :oops:

How do I do this?

Do I have to upload the files at VT.com, then copy the MD5 checksum from this site and use a checksum tool? o_O

Which are the SD1.1.0.325_Setup.exe and SD1.1.0.325_Setup(x64).exe MD5 checksum(s)? :oops:

Any good free and nice checksum you suggest me?

Second question:
    I have to defragment. Do I have to uninstall SD complety?

I read at SD Forum (Now close) some user had problems when they tried to defragment

Last question, for now: :D

I can not find at SD.com the version 1.1.0.278 :'(

The links provided by Patrick (Shadow Defender Global Moderator) are safe to download?

Are they still active? o_O

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Can you not use the lastest version? Why do you need .278 for?

7. rebelscum0000

I found that there were glitches in certain versions that happened occasionaly <-- This is True
    and corruptions in certain circumstances. <-- This is True

I just want to test with different versions before the domain disappears, (just in case) :doubt:

8. kjdemuth

Newest version is running well here. Win 7 32bit home. Running sandboxie and CIS.

9. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

As far as I know my links to Shadow Defender downloads still work and they are directly from the Shadow Defender site. :) Found on post 19 this thread
    Patrick

10. rebelscum0000

Which version for you is the Newest or which version is running well in your case .325 or .326?

Thank in advance if you can provide me the version you are running

First Queston:
    I can not find the MD5 checksums at Shadow Defender.com :oops:

How do I do this?

Do I have to upload the files at VT.com, then copy the MD5 checksum from this site and use a checksum tool? o_O

Which are the SD1.1.0.325_Setup.exe and SD1.1.0.325_Setup(x64).exe MD5 checksum(s)? :oops:

Any good free and nice checksum tool you can suggest me?

Second question:
    I have to defragment. Do I have to uninstall SD complety?
    I read at SD Forum (Now close) some user had problems when they tried to defragment

Someone Please help! :'(

Than you very much for reading this post :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  11. kjdemuth

.325 is the current working version. Thats what I have on my laptop. I wouldn't worry about checksums. As long as you download it from shadowdefenders site, you should be ok.
    I'm not too sure about the defrag. I would assume as long as you have SD off at the time that you could defrag without a problem.

12. moontan

moontan Registered Member

that is correct.
    if you defrag in Shadow Mode the defrag will be lost once you reboot out of Shadow mode.

13. ichito

ichito Registered Member

No problems with defragmentation on my lap with running SD...when your systemdrive (or another drive) is not in Shadow Mode you can defragment it normally...but when drive is in Shadow Mode you can defragment only "drive image" in memory...it makes no sense :)

14. rebelscum0000

Ok thank you very much, I am going to defragment not in Shadow Mode , I do not have to close the SD tray icon :doubt: (?) This way I will not have any problem doing this task Am I correct?

15. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Exit Shadow mode,then defrag. You do not need to shut down Shadow Defender's icon.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Rebellscum, Sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy. I will check with SD's staff to see if there is anyway they can post hash sums to the site. I'm not sure if they can since Tony is MIA. Here is a great program for checking hash sums -http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm

17. wildernow

wildernow Registered Member

Was using SD but just installed Avast Internet Security Suite and it has a very good sandbox.

So now I do not have to re-boot.

But SD is still a good program.

18. Boost

Boost Registered Member

If I were you,I'd keep SD,and use it with Avast. Avast finds something (Virus,etc) with SD enabled, a simple reboot,it's gone!

Your choice though!

19. rebelscum0000

Thank you very very much!!! :D
    Another way is if Patrick (Shadow Defender Global Moderator) can let us know the hash sums

20. rebelscum0000

How to Exclude NOD32 Win XP - The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

How to Exclude from the shadow protected volume ESET NOD32 Antivirus (Windows XP any version)
    Please Add to Exclusion List the following paths
    C:\program files\ESET\*
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\*

Thank you

Attached Files:

21. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Re: How to Exclude NOD32 Win XP - The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

I am running SD with latest Avast 6 Free beta, what exclusions should I make in SD for Avast! and thanks for this great thread.

Also, do I need to make any exclusions in SD for SandBoxie Paid?

Gary

22. rebelscum0000

Re: How to Exclude NOD32 Win XP - The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

Version number of Windows that you running?

You do need to make any exclusions in SD for SandBoxie Paid, Sandboxie Paid is another layer of protection that plays nice with SD

23. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Sorry - I am running Vista Business 32bit on my laptop.

Gary

24. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

It's out of beta already. Highly recommended to update it asap.

25. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Is there any advantage to using SandboxIE while using SD to run on boot? If not, would it be prudent not to run SandboxIE at all?

p.s. Thanks for this great thread

SourMilk out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.