The Shield Deluxe 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by awsomaha, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awsomaha

awsomaha Registered Member

Has anybody heard of them? My friend just told me he bought a license, but I have never heard of them. Tried to look up some reviews but most sites, are blocked by our company's web filter due to malware. I haven't had a chance to go home and check it out, but all the sites I googled don't look very main stream. Any thoughts would be great.

2. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

The Shield Deluxe 2008 combines reactive virus protection and spyware detection methods with the latest proactive technologies to provide your computer with the most effective protection against malicious programs. The product is simple to install and set up, while offering advanced users a range of versatile settings for fine-tuning the program.

Combined antivirus technologies. The Shield Deluxe 2008, powered by Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 relies upon integrated methods to scan for viruses: the reactive method (using signature databases) and proactive protection (behavior blocker and heuristic analysis).

Optimized for use on laptops. Users of laptops benefit from an economy mode that conserves battery energy, while users of WiFi (wireless) Internet services can automatically update antivirus databases. The program has been optimized for use on laptops based on Intel Centrino mobile technology, and for use on computers with Intel processors that support Hyper-Threading technology.

Simplicity and convenience. The Shield Deluxe 2008 is installed and set up in a matter of minutes, while the context-sensitive help function helps users quickly understand the finer points of the program's capabilities. Moreover, the program regularly notifies users of its current protection status and gives recommendations for dealing with virus epidemics and potential threats.

PCSecurityShield provides free technical support for The Shield Deluxe virus protection customers as well as all PCSecurityShield products. The Shield Deluxe 2008 is Vista Compatible.

Source: http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/lp/shield-deluxe-4.aspx?trk=WTK&affid=650

I never used it and I don't know about detection rates...

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

After reading some reviews on download sites that offer this and reading PC Security Shield's (The Shield Deluxe 2008 ) privacy and purchasing policy's my thoughts and advice would be to stay far (very far) away from this. :thumbd:

4. awsomaha

awsomaha Registered Member

Thank you for the info. When you try to go to www.pcsecurityshield.com and 2 corporate web filters block you, then something is not right. I'll inform my friend of this.......(in other words, make some fun of him)

5. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I have seen it on a few of my customer's pc's over the years. The program itself is legit, and it's basically KAV 6.0 with their own branding. However if I had a choice I would rather spend the money on KAV 7.0, especially since you can usually find it FAR from outpost.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No trial version available ?

9. EliteKiller

Go directly to Kaspersky AV if you want a free trial. ;)

10. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Actually there should be, seeing as it is basically a skinned KAV 6.

Download the installer and the wizard should allow a trial install.

I would put my money with KAV2009, much more protection for your money. KAV6 is couple of years old and even Kaspersky is dropping support for it in the next few months.

11. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I've read this review
    http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/pc-security-shield-review.html
    And I would like to show this part:

Also they seem to complain about the technical support.

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The product named "Security Shield", which includes Firewall, AV, AS etc. is a rebranded version of F-Secure. "The Shield Deluxe" is a rebrand of KAV 6.0.

I don't put too much trust in the site and if you're really looking for cheap stuff then even Defender Pro (KAV/KIS rebrand) will be better than this IMO.....But I recommend the original KAV over any such rebranded products.

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Didn't know this product before, thanks for the info. Link

14. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I wouldn't give my money to both.
    I rather stick with the original

15. EliteKiller

It can also be found at your local Wal-Mart and Target stores. ;)

16. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

That's where I've see it before. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.