"The selected file is not an Acronis*True*Image*Home archive"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JGulliver, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGulliver

JGulliver Registered Member

I desperatly need some files from an image that was made with a very early release version of TI 9.0 Home. I currently have the build 3677 installed, but if I try to restore or validate the image I get the error shown in the title above. The image is on 4 dvd's but was originally made onto a USB hard drive (letting TI split it into dvd sized chunks) and later transfered to DVD to save space on the usb drive. The interesting thing is that 1 through 3 give the error message but number 4 shows to be part of a multipart image and will validate up to the point where it asks for the other parts. I have a sinking felling that I am SOL, but I thought I'd check before giving up.

Thanks in advance.

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Have you tried using the bootable CD version - current build and the build which was used to create the image?
    Can you mount the image?

3. JGulliver

In both cases I get the same error.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have you tried copying all tib files into the same folder on a HD and then trying it?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JGulliver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please do as seekforever suggested and copy the image archives to a single folder on your local/external hard drive and after that try to validate it? Also please try to mount the image as a virtual drive (Operations -> Mount Image). And as tachyon42 said please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build (3677) boot you computer from it and try to validate image archives both on DVD discs and its copy on the local/external hard drive. Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. JGulliver

I have tried those suggestions and they did not help. The image in question was made shortly after you released v9 of TI. It appears every image I made with that early v9 copy of TI is corrupt. I am quite certain the early 9.0 is to blame, my hope was that there might be a way to salvage files from the corrupt image.

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The very early versions of Ti 9 were capable of producing good images but the respective rescue CDs reported them as bad. Do you have the CD for V8 Build 937 ? I seem to remember that this could mount the early version 9 images and even restore them. The CDs from the latest couple of builds will not work as I believe these are not backward compatable. Build 3625 CD of V9 might be able to do the job.
    Best of luck.

Xpilot

8. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

To JGulliver:

I kept getting the same problem as you with all my archived files - even with files which had been verified OK at time of creation!! I was going crazy. This was with build 2323. After reading this thread of posts, I just updated to build 3677 & presto everything is now OK - no more "this is not a TI archive file".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.