The program modules have been updated.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Banger696, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

Jimroe, a while back my computer was taking forever to boot down, and I had a major problem getting it all back square again. From all I could tell it was some sort of glitch in one of the updates from MS. This was before any AV programs change. So, what I am saying is it might not be NOD32, but some other issues.

2. jimroe

jimroe Registered Member

I would have thought this could be the case, although the machine rebooted fine with NOD32 up until the update Saturday morning and no Microsoft updates had been applied (Automatic Update downloads only and waits for me to apply). But for me the clincher is that I have now uninstalled NOD32 (had to - I could not live with being unable to reboot) and now without EAV the PC reboots fine - pauses at the "Saving your settings" screen for about 1.5 seconds and then reboots. Other than uninstalling NOD32 I made no other changes to address this.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

Saw the same behavior here in our enterprise. I THINK i have fixed it by deleting the files in the \mirror folder on each of our servers.

Correct resolution??

4. jimroe

jimroe Registered Member

Not sure this is my problem. I THINK my problem is related to another NOD32 V3 issue I have which is my event log filling up with Event ID: 6004 messages - created when I access network file shares (and an existing open ticket with ESET). If I start the computer and do basically nothing and try to shut it down, it shuts down OK. If I copy a file across the network and see Event 6004 errors in my event log, then the computer will hang at "Saving your settings" and never reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.