The price of Prevx

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pkidza, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

I have read some of the other comments on the forums about the price of Prevx. I want to say from the outset that I am not trying to get something for free nor am I trying to devalue Prevx. I have bought multiple licenses of it over the past year and spent well over $100 on it. I am happy with its performance. I have also appreciated the support that I have gotten from PrevxHelp.

I live in Africa. Internet connections are expensive and a lot of the people I know are not online all the time. This means that I need to buy another product like Norton Internet Security or Mcafee to install for when the computer is offline. Once I add up the 2 subscriptions it is just too expensive to get Prevx. This really depresses me because I think that it is a great product. I understand that malware removal is guarenteed but it doesn't really matter to me because I am using Prevx for its blocking ability and not cleanup.

I would really like to see the price drop a little bit. I know that there are many more people over here who would use it if it was a little cheaper. I am posting this to give the opinion of a paying customer who really likes Prevx and wants to see its usage grow even more. I believe that the larger the Prevx cloud the better for all of us because its strength comes from its cloud.

2. icr

icr Registered Member

Hello,

There is license give away taking place in this forum where after submitting the form you can get a chance of winning licenses of various security softwares including PrevX so you can try you luck there who knows you can be the lucky one:cool:

:thumb: license giveaway!:thumb:

3. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

That is great. Thank you very much for the tip. I have entered.

4. BenMar522

BenMar522 Registered Member

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Why do you have to buy Norton or McAfee when free antivirus and firewall programs are available?

There's also the Prevx SafeOnline promo for free for Facebook fans. You can find the thread in this forum.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

One consideration is free programs are often crippled in some way compared to paid versions.

7. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

That is cool. Thanks for the tip. It looks like the free version does everything that I need it to do and so I will recommend it to others. I am still going to renew my license though because I like the product and want to support them. They could get more sales if they drop the price but it is up to them :)

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Maybe to some degree- but I think Avast free or MSE are both pretty good av programs. And free firewalls provide quite a bit of protection.

Then there's always just checking for free offers of paid programs or trying to win one. I have Online Armor Premium, Nod32, Malwarebytes paid and Mailwasher Pro. Paid a total of $24.

9. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If you want blocking and not just detection you need the paid version. The free version will monitor in realtime and will alert on detection but it won't block (with the exception of adware and MBR rootkits which are blocked in both versions).

10. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

So I could use it to detect and if it finds anything pay for the month version that includes removal?

11. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, you could. Although the free version won't block malware, it's still worth running because you would know immediately the problem occurred and could then decide on how best to deal with the infection.

If you are considering the free version of Prevx, you could also consider combining it with the free version of Returnil to virtualise the system partition when using the Internet. That way if Prevx warned you of an infection, you would only need to reboot in order to return the system to a clean state.

12. philby

philby Registered Member

Exactly what I've been doing for a while now - minimal hassle :) and, as far as I've experienced, very effective.

philby

13. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

14. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

why not have a lifetime key for a higher price.

that would be great.

15. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Lifetime licenses work well for small companies looking to start off profits but are not a viable business model - software companies (AV companies in particular) work on renewals and selling a single license to cover the "lifetime" of the product does not result in building a company which is sustainable.

However, you can buy a 3 year license with Prevx if you wish - and we provide a discount on top of the normal yearly license fee if you buy multiple years :)

16. Tony

Tony Registered Member

How much is the renewal fee?

17. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

I understand the theory on the lifetime license and agree with you. I would like to see you folks change the structure of your multiple user licensing for home users though. It would be nice to see it be an unlimited home site license as opposed to a 4 user license. An occasional discount offer (such as Bits du jour) would be nice to see and it might help boost some sales!

18. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Is there any discount for license renewal?

19. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes - renewing a license results in a ~10% discount :)

20. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

£2.50 isn't a figure worth remembering.
    Now - where is V4 with its local cache:D

21. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

As soon as it gets that cache I can cancel Norton and Mcafee and only have Prevx. That will be a good day.

On the licensing. It would be cool to have an unlimited home license fee per year. I have a lot of computers in my house and run virtual machines. It would save me a lot if I could pay $100 or something for all computers in my house to be protected.

22. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, but it seems like there isn't any discount at all.

I have just tried.

It will cost me $29.95 to renew (Picture 1) ,same price as buying a new license(Picture 2). o_O

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      91.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  23. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I'm also about to renew and also can't see any discount. How is the 10% applied?

24. webbit

webbit Registered Member

i do like the look of prev x and what it does but when i can buy kaspersky for £20 or so for a 3 user licence, which includes a firewall then im afraid kaspersky will always win as we have 2 laptops and a base unit in the house 3 users of prev x £54.20, it becomes more competitive when you purchase for 2 or 3 years, but is still the more exspensive option, and do you put your trust in windows firewall ??

25. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Prevxs weak point in its licensing, is definatly not allowing 3PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.