The new ewido guard and tracking cookies

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by TopperID, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I believe that the new version of ewido will have a Guard capable of picking up tracking cookies while you surf.

Since cookies are constantly being picked up from sites you visit, and since a good proportion of these may be defined as trackers, does this mean ewido will contantly be bothering you with pop-ups each time you visit certain sites?

Personally I'm not worried about trackers 'cos I regularly use a cache cleaner to remove all cookies, except for the ones I want to keep. But it could be a nuisance if ewido notifies you every time it finds one.

2. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

Hopefully perhaps it will behave and have an option like Spyware Doctor does....which allows the user to either see the pop-up window, or to "hide" the alerts (which means that the cookie will still be removed, you can view what cookies have been removed in a seperate folder within the interface, but you won't be notified with a pop-up window).

I'm also curious about the keylogger guard....but haven't received a reply yet when I asked about it in another thread.

3. TopperID

If ewido finds something significant, then I would like to be warned immediately, but I would not need to be notified about trackers.

If ewido has an option to suppress warnings then it might supress ALL warnings, which I would not like at all.

So ideally it should have a seperate warning function for tracking cookies and for serious malware.

4. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

@TopperID

You should have a look at the scanner settings. You can disable the option "Scan for tracking-cookies" so they won't be scanned anymore.

BR

Vinzenz

5. TopperID

If the new Guard is going to have that opton, then it will be good enough for me!:)

6. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

The guard will have the following two options:

[x] Scan for tracking cookies
    [x] Delete tracking cookies automatically

If there should be a cookie you really whish to keep you will then be able to add it to the ignore list... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.