The latest Anti-virus w/ fastest updates?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Hi...guys..;)

I am just wondering what's the latest release of anti-virus you've tested so far that has the fastest updates capability...:rolleyes: :cautious: o_O Especially suitable for those using the slow dial-up internet connection..:( :shifty:

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Dr Web is very fast updating. The updates are small, with files of only 3-4kB, which is great for those of us still restricted to dial-up ;)

KAV 6 is also very fast when updating.

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I'm one of those still restricted to dial-up and KAV takes usually 20 seconds or less to update.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

NOD32 updates are about 50-60 kb for commercial version or sometimes smaller... 20 kb. Not so bad even for a dial-up connection. ;)

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

For dialup, you really can't go wrong with avast!. Maybe not updated 300 times a day but when it is, they add a lot of stuff. And still they keep the updated size down to sub 20KB. Update servers are also super fast and responsive. NOD32 also has pretty small updates.
    KAV6 and BitDefender update the most through day, but their update sizes and frequencie of updates may pose a small problem to dialup. But still, i think it should work just fine anyway.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Everything different from Norton , McAfee (and Kaspersky) and stuff like updates fast . Second Pykko's advice :D

7. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Uhh, Kaspersky hasn't had a download above 50 kB (usually around 20) for me yet, and its update servers are VERY fast (at least where I am in the USA). Also, I like how it allows passive ftp for updates, and asks where your location is to optimize your downloads. Haven't seen that in any av product so far other than Kasperksy...

Cheers

Alphalutra1

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

With incremental update technology, many AVs are able to get fast updates even on dial-up connections:

- Dr.Web
    - KAV (any version) and clones
    - BitDefender
    - AntiVir
    - Avast!
    - F-Prot (not yet, but soon, after v6 is released)
    - NOD32

Out of these, I found KAV and Dr.Web to have the smallest update size. NOD too has very fast updates similar to KAV, but at times there is an occasional big update. :)

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Dr. Web definitly has smaller updates then Kaspersky, however version 6 improved in this. BitDefender's updates are not that small, often they're 400kb+ and that every hour ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.