The infamous read error again

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Beau Geek, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau Geek

Beau Geek Registered Member

I am using the latest December 5, 2005 build (2323) to try and run an image backup onto a Buffalo Linkstation. I consistently get a read error (0x70003), which I understand other people have also gotten.

I'm really getting tired of struggling with TI. I've been using it since V7, and there was a time when it just worked. Now it is having trouble recognizing my Super-Multi LG drive, it can't finish a backup.... There are other products in the market. I think I'm going to have to look around.

Vik

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Beau Geek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm really sorry that you are displeased with the work of Acronis software.

However, we would like to investigate this particular problem with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Could you please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- When exactly you receive that "read error" message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.